Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR RGB 10 Watt Spot Lights

indi

Has anyone used these? I see they have an eight pack package as was wondering how they looked. I was thinking of using them as a wall wash and not put up lights on my gutters.

Thanks  flyinverted

I think the 10 watt floods will work fine for me as most of my house is only about 8 foot to my eaves. I will only be able to get about 4 feet away from the house with the floods, but using 8 of them should take care of any gaps. This would put them about 9 feet apart.

Thanks for the information.

Here is my 10w floods showing the color blue.

Of course I'm not shining them on the house like you are wanting to but rather towards the stree in an arch form and on the mega tree tower.

Bright little suckers.

IMG_3270_zps43c09305.jpg

You can take a look here:

starting at second 33 you can see the wall wash coming on. They are not much used in this song - the other ones are still in post... Those are 4 10 W RGB flood (non LOR)

starting at second 33 you can see the wall wash coming on. They are not much used in this song - the other ones are still in post... Those are 4 10 W RGB flood (non LOR)
http://youtu.be/VaXv0r4HylA

Here is my 10w floods showing the color blue.

Of course I'm not shining them on the house like you are wanting to but rather towards the stree in an arch form and on the mega tree tower.

Bright little suckers.

IMG_3270_zps43c09305.jpg

Excellent layout; very clean looking.

starting at second 33 you can see the wall wash coming on. They are not much used in this song - the other ones are still in post... Those are 4 10 W RGB flood (non LOR)http://youtu.be/VaXv0r4HylA

Non LOR. What are they?

Probably Ebay, many use them, but you have to hack them.  LOR is much easier.  Just depends on what works best for you.

LOR might be much easier, but ebay is much cheaper IMHO. My ebay floods withstood the test of rain, ice and snow, for their first season anyway.

And just now checking, I didn't see the 10w RGB floods in their product line. Did they get rid of it and go with the cosmic color floods?

mine are Ray Wu 10 W with built in DMX controller. I have had them for two seasons and besides the screws rusting they have been great. in the off season I change the screws to stainless steel ones... they run on 12 V (24 V for the 30 W) and have a DMX input. Each one can be programmed to a certain start channel...

mine are Ray Wu 10 W with built in DMX controller. I have had them for two seasons and besides the screws rusting they have been great. in the off season I change the screws to stainless steel ones... they run on 12 V (24 V for the 30 W) and have a DMX input. Each one can be programmed to a certain start channel...

How do you program the flood? You need a certain type DMX programmer?

LOR might be much easier, but ebay is much cheaper IMHO. My ebay floods withstood the test of rain, ice and snow, for their first season anyway.

And just now checking, I didn't see the 10w RGB floods in their product line. Did they get rid of it and go with the cosmic color floods?

http://store.lightorama.com/rgbfl10wa.html

How do you program the flood? You need a certain type DMX programmer?

Yes - I did have to get a programmer. On most orders I had asked for a certain configuration and did get them pre-programmed. I have changed a few by now. Programming is done through the DMX connection by hooking up the tool, select programming mode and channel and hit the apply key...

Thanks Ken,

I went to this LOR link and it didn't show them.

http://www1.lightorama.com/

"Mouse Over" on the RGB link on top and in the center of the page then scroll down and click on "RGB Floods". That's where I was looking which is why I was wondering.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know whether to post this here or under sequencing section under visualizer, but here goes. 

I plan on buying the 8 pack 10 watt flood light package from LOR. How to you add these to the visualizer? Is there a CCR spot or flood that can be used? I plan to use them across the front of my house and hope to be able to sequence fading up and down across the house.

Thanks

Don't know whether to post this here or under sequencing section under visualizer, but here goes. 

I plan on buying the 8 pack 10 watt flood light package from LOR. How to you add these to the visualizer? Is there a CCR spot or flood that can be used? I plan to use them across the front of my house and hope to be able to sequence fading up and down across the house.

Thanks

If I'm not mistaken the option to have the fixture as an rgb is there when you configure the flood.

Thanks vdipaola73

I got them drawn in and channels assigned. Ran a sequence and they basically worked. In the visualizer they turned on and off (mostly) a couple of the fixtures did do what they where suppose to do. They didn't blink off. Checked and recheck all the settings and they where right. Ran the sequence in the editor and it showed the channels blink on and off as they where suppose to do. It has to be in the visualizer. It would even stop working then start up again. I my need to get more than 4 GB of ram in my computer.