Light-O-Rama Forums

WIW mix?

doublea

Be honest here, I attempted to mix and change WIW just a tiny bit, do you think it sounds any better, or is it horrible? I want something slightly diffrent than everyone else has done...

I like it yet I dont, any suggestions would be great. (first changes appear about 7 seconds in)

http://mbrr0a.bay.livefilestore.com/y1pdwCqSa51AXD24amIbl9UK_fF-EIhKwruBb_24LTZGWmJAOyIEE1xtDSN9lijsp35Pj6yw0b3o1fbxtPneMKWHg/Wizards%20in%20Winter%20mix.mp3

Very interesting modifications. Subtle at the beginning but more pronounced about 1/3 in. I'm not sure how many people that will watch your show will know you have taken a lot of time to tweak it, but 99% of the people on this and the PC forum will recognize the differences. I like the original, since that's what I'm use to ever since Carson Williams did his thing, so to me it doesn't sound any better, and it isn't horrible. Just a different take.

I'm using WIW for the first time and the only thing I did to it was to shorten it abit, since there is a lot of repetition in the song, and most watchers don't have a long attention span.

Bottom line is if you like it, go with it. Afterall, the proof will be in how you synch this or any versions of WIW to your lights, and the reaction from the people who come to see and hear your show.

Looking forward to hearing what you decide and seeing the final product.

Tim

• 8 months later...

very interesting. had to get my headset to listen a little deeper. but it is good. you just have to see how sequencing goes. might have to do two different sequences and combine as one, because of the high pitch background bells. but i'ld go fo it.

I like it also, although I admit not noticing the subtle changes in the beginning. As I listened to it, though, I thought what a cool music bed it would make for voice-over announcements. Great idea - thanks for sharing.

George Simmons

Nothing like a thread that gets more action in the after life.

I don’t think the new music mixes perfectly with the original. But, I think it would be interesting to hear a completely separate composition done like that.