Light-O-Rama Forums

180 and 360 RGB pixel tree (non CCR) Prop

jerrymac

Does anyone have a 180 RGB .12 string pixel tree 50 or 60 pixels per string (and 360 RGB 16 string pixel Tree)  Non CCR Prop they would be willing to share. 

Jerry,

Mine is a 16x84 if you want me to email you a few or I can place them on a thumb drive if you are going to be in shop this afternoon. I sent you my cell number by gmail this morning.

Jeff

Hi Jerry,

Try Shannon's cool tool, it should give you what you need,

http://shannonclaus.com/LOROC/LOROC.html

Looks like Shannon's tool is for regular string lights or CCR ribbons.  Have I missed something or can it still be munipulated for non CCR RGB stings/ribbons?  looked throught the manual but didn;t see anything or i may have missed it?

A lot of folks are using the CCR wizard to do the DMX pixels. It's a little more work because of needing a CCR channel config and a DMX channel config. But a 16 leg x 50 pixels, CCR tree takes 16 fixtures. A 16 leg DMX tree takes 800 fixtures. The visualizer has a fixture limit of 1024 fixtures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q7dt90jm6ftmm8h/EXzhQYGStE

Here are 4 different vertical Matrices. You can maneuver them into a tree or not. Universe 1 channel 1 starts at the left om the bottom.

Thanks   Ron. 

LOVE your Frosty rendition.  Great job (of course as always).

Jerry

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys, I am at a loss here.  I am looking for a little assistance.

I am trying to create a (32 String x 50 Pixel) RGB 360 degree MegaTree.  I have tried a number of tools (including the one above), but I keep running into the 1024 fixture limit in the Visualizer. Which gives me only 20 of my 32 strings before maxing out on fixtures.

My goal is to get it to import into Superstar so I can start sequencing.  Any ideas on the easiest, or best way to do this.  Right now I can't even figure out it it's even possible.

Thanks,

Scott.

https://vimeo.com/85110950

OK Scott,

I sent this to your inbox too, but I thought some others may benefit also.

Here's 3 videos I've done to get around the Visualizer limit of 1024 fixtures. It's a bit of work because of using CCR channels and then moving the effects to the DMX channels, BUT, you'll only use 32 fixtures instead of 1600 fixtures. I'm afraid if you want to sequence this in SS, you'll need to do it this way.

Also, one other thing to mention, unless you have the 40 CCR license, you won't be able to export your sequence from Superstar over to S3. SS uses total channels for export. The 24 CCR version will only export 3600 channels and you need 4800 with your tree.

Hope this helps.

Hopefully when we get the updates for S3 all of this will be a thing of the past. Good Luck.

Edited by Ron Boyd

Ron,

Since we are on the subject ... couple of things ..

1. I use the CCR/DMX method you describe. What is your take on creating a copy of the sequence then deleting the CCR portion for show production? Assuming that the CCR data would be going to a non-existant device this could save alot of overhead.

2. I have a VBScript that I wrote that after you export the SUP file will parse through it, take out the 7 special CCR channels (and thier XML index reference) and write a new file leaving the original unmodified. Then when you copy and paste, you copy the original SUP LMS export to the CCR events and the modified lms file to the DMX events ... poof .. your done.

Bob

Ahh snap. I thought that was in the videos. Yes, the CCD channels should be deleted after moving over to the DMX channels. Sorry folks if I forgot to mention that.

Actually haven't seen the vids. Just thought why send 1800 extra channels of data out to bit heaven in production. Side note... I'm still running my show on an old Dell Inspiron 1300 laptop...single processor, 2 GB ram and with all the dmx and lor effects running the CPU never averages over 25% and 2.5% on the 100mb network.. Always amazes me how little it takes to actually run a show...

Bob