Light-O-Rama Forums

Dreesing as Santa

cobra513

Just wondering I haven't seen too much mentioned of this. Does anyone here dress up as Santa and go out into their display. I've been doing it the last couple of years, my wife bought me a costume a couple of years ago and made me a better one this year. First time took a lot of convincing and prodding from my wife as I'm actually a fairly shy guy but once I got out there I had a ball. We added Mrs Claus last year and my grandkids dressed as elves this year. We live on a fairly busy road one of the main roads out of town ( one way ) and I just go out and wave to traffic as it goes by and give candi canes to kids in vehicles when there parents stop. The reactions I get are priceless, makes my day. Anybody else do this or something similar

My wife and I have also been dressing as Santa and Mrs. Claus for over 20 years now.   Long before I knew what an animated musical light show was, then our first animated lights to music was a Mr. Christmas 4-channel wireless system, which was okay, but once I saw an LOR animated display, well, I was hooked and the Mr. Christmas went up for sale.  

Downsized my Christmas and Halloween displays from 80 channels to 48 channels this past year and will probably do 48 channels for 2014, since I sold off one of my controllers, although I have a controller I can use that has one bad channel, so could go to 63 channels by reassembling the controller with a bad channel 3.    

Of course once I get some things caught up around here, my plans are to re-expand to at least 96 or 112 channels so I can do a lot more with what I have.  And maybe get a new MP3 Director since mine croaked, although I may send it in to LOR and see if it can be repaired.   But that's got to come later down the road, like said, got to get some things caught up before buying new goodies or getting defective items repaired.

p.s., don't mine me, sometimes my brain goes into overdrive and I get off the subject.   thats what I get for being super hyper I guess. :lol:  :P

You sound a lot like me. I work on a very limited budget. If I want something I have to do some work on the side to afford it so expansion each year is limited. I also rent and although my landlord is really leinient i'm still limited in what I can do. 4 years ago I bought a mr christmas musical show box aftertwo years and seeing a show that showed a LOR box I bought one and ran with one box 16 channels. Last year I dabbled in rgb with snow globe's on 18 channels with a few problems along the way. This year I added 32 more LOR chanells two more rgb globes and a 12 section 36 channel 10' rgb tree with a three section 9 channel rgb star on top. Would like to add singing trees next year if I can afford it.

• The topic was locked