Light-O-Rama Forums

lumen output of ccr

queenidog

What is the lumen output of the CCR devices: ribbon, bulbs and pixels compared to a regular C9 incandescent bulb (the big ones)?

LEDS of the past never had much brightness and since my house is on the other side of a cove, there is possibility of not being able to see my display.  Right now the 7W incandescent C9 work just peachy!

I have seen C9 equivalents where they put 6-7 LEDs in one bulb in order to get the brightness equal.  How about the Lightorama stuff?

My whole new display depends on whether it can be seen from 250 feet away.

Ken, you do realize this is the LOR supplied forums, and the question was about the LOR product CCR's.

Ken, you do realize this is the LOR supplied forums, and the question was about the LOR product CCR's.

Yes, and he's probably using LOR software to run all this because the question started out with a CCR question.

I can't answer the question regarding lumens, but I have all 3 CC products. 

If you're comparing the brightness to regular C9 bulbs, a CCR ribbon is waaaaaaaay brighter than any C9 bulb I've seen in the past 50 years.

IMO so are the CC pixels. 

The CC bulbs I'm not so sure about - I think they're best viewed at closer distances.

I can't answer the question regarding lumens, but I have all 3 CC products. 

If you're comparing the brightness to regular C9 bulbs, a CCR ribbon is waaaaaaaay brighter than any C9 bulb I've seen in the past 50 years.

IMO so are the CC pixels. 

The CC bulbs I'm not so sure about - I think they're best viewed at closer distances.

I 100% concur with George except the 50 years comment. I'll have to take his word on that. Haha

I looked at those options Ken.  Will the Lightorama CCB controller talk to these guys?   I might want to experiment before I go full hog...still trying to determine if I'll be able to see anything from 250 feet away.  I don't want to commit to Lightorama products until I'm sure I'm on the right track.

I looked at those options Ken.  Will the Lightorama CCB controller talk to these guys?   I might want to experiment before I go full hog...still trying to determine if I'll be able to see anything from 250 feet away.  I don't want to commit to Lightorama products until I'm sure I'm on the right track.

The LOR CCBs will talk very nicely on the LOR network. It comes as a controller/bulb package with an option on string length.

You can get either a 50 bulb string or two 50 bulb strings.

Search Youtube videos for the CCBs or click on some of the Forum members websites to see how they look.

LOR stands behind their products if you need support or service.

You don't get that with a DIY setup; usually you keep spares.

• 11 months later...

This thread came up when I searched for CCP lumens.  I want to use the CCPs for the holiday coro candy canes?  The devices recommended on that site look much larger?  Has anybody used the CCPs for these candy canes?  Or has anyone used both products that can compare?  Any advice is appreciated. 

Frank,

I have 8 of the HC CoroCanes in my display for the last 2 years.

Not to take anything away from LOR or its products, I would recommend staying with the WS2811 rectangular pixels.

With the 3 LED's there is plenty of light to fill each of the 16 bays in the cane.

Also it might be cumbersome to either dedicate an entire string of CCP's to a single cane and programming would be problematic with multiple CCP's in a bay. It most certainly could be done but a bit of a pain.

There is a howto on our website for the HC CoroCanes.

It explains a lot about building them, connecting them together and the stupid mistakes that I made when first building them along with power injection tips.

Website is in my sig line..

Bob

Bob,

I found your website and I compliment you on your work.  However, I have only ever used LOR.  I don't even know what a WS2811 is.  And the power supply issues are more that I want to deal with.  My thought was to use one pixel per bay which would mean 4 candy canes per 100 pixel string ( this would waste 18 pixels but they would be used for spacing).  I am not sure about programming CCPs yet with LOR S3 advanced but the CCRs were fairly easy.  I have 12 CCRs and they are quite bright so I thought my plan may work.  Let me know what you think. 

Thanks

Frank

18 pixels for spacing .. at the price of CCP's .. thats $50 on the ground doing nothing ..

Also .. say you start at the bottom of the cane and go up .. how do you get back down and over to the next cane?

You might consider something like this to get your feet wet with pixels.

Its a "sampler" pixel kit from HolidayCoro.

http://www.holidaycoro.com/Intelligent-RGB-Pixel-Starter-Sample-Pack-p/635.htm&click=1040

I think you will be very disaapointed in your 1-pixel per bay Candy Cane.

Good luck with your project...

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the link.  I will take a look at this and your web page about the project to get a better idea of what will be involved.  Both of your points are correct - I would be wasting pixels and I think I would be disappointed in the one pixel per bay.  Thanks for confirming

Frank

• The topic was locked