Light-O-Rama Forums

The Last of the 2013 Videos

George Simmons

As the title suggests, I've finished posting 2013 videos.

I believe I've posted them all on both Vimeo and YouBube. (Of course, there's no telling how long they'll last on YouBube, and I get so tired of that BS.) Anyway, here's the links to the channel pages, or whatever the heck they're called, for each site:

http://vimeo.com/user1019518/videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/MnEarguy/videos

Enjoy the ones you like, make faces at the ones you don't, or skip the whole darn thing.

Either way, Happy New Year to all!

• Like 1

Well, that bites. Looks like the link is kaput for Vimeo?? Stupid thing worked for me... Okay - try this one. It's for the last video I uploaded there. It should get you right next to all the others and you can wallow through any that sound interesting.

George

Nice job.

Don't get a swelled head, but you're my idol............your lights don't blink!!!!.............They fade, they change color, they sparkle,  they give the illusion of movement, they jump, they look at you, they smile, they inspire me.     And besides all that, you get your programming done and have time to do others.

Thanks

Steve

George

Nice job.

Don't get a swelled head, but you're my idol............your lights don't blink!!!!.............They fade, they change color, they sparkle,  they give the illusion of movement, they jump, they look at you, they smile, they inspire me.     And besides all that, you get your programming done and have time to do others.

Thanks

Steve

I don't know Steve - if my head swells any larger it'll start looking like Barry Bonds' skull or something...

I actually had a fairly long conversation about the topic of "blinking and flashing" this past season with someone out at the street who is wanting to get their own synchronized display going next year. One of the things we specifically discussed was the benefits (as I see them anyway) of color changes, and how having a global color background can so easily take the flashing/blinking look away. IMO, and especially for smaller displays, it's maybe the single best return on investment of any channels in your yard - ties everything together, hides flashing, and really allows the eye-candy props to stand out.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

George, as always you do very entertaining work.  I like the sound of silence a lot, and I'm so glad you cut the Fox in half!! 

George, your display looks amazing, Great job!

Even though I've given my DanBurst the last two seasons off??? :D;)

Thanks guys for the kind words. Amazing, awesome, entertaining... Hearing those words from viewers is gratifying. Hearing them from peers is an honor.

Edited by George Simmons
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked