Light-O-Rama Forums

Which way should i go or should i mix ?

Shadow69

Hello All,

I am just getting started and i am trying to decide if i should buy the dc kit or ac kit, or should i mix the 2 ? My technical experience is just above novice in computers, electronics, and sound equipment. I like the RGB set ups, but do i have to still use the AC set up to bring everything together or can i go strictly DC ?

Depends on what you're doing. Of the just under 3,000 channels for my Christmas in 2013, all except 4 channels are RGB, and therefore DC. I have 2 16 channel AC controllers and using all of 4 channels. Next year will likely add another 1,000 RBG channels and I will likely use most of the 2 AC controllers with some strings I bought in after Christmas sales.

thanks guys for the input....i like the rgb design..just not sure how many controllers i need to run .... still researching everything and look forward to the input from you guys. i may mix as well as a\c does seem easier, but i think dc offers more control and options.

hmmm sounds like a tesla/edison conflict

Start small, the hobby is expensive and wants to grow... LOL

oh and the following warning should be taken into consideration (LOL)

WARNING!

This hobby can cause the addiction of Flashy Blinky lights. Friends will think you are bonkers, and you will get married to your sequencing software. :)

• Like 1

Start small, the hobby is expensive and wants to grow... LOL

oh and the following warning should be taken into consideration (LOL)

WARNING!

This hobby can cause the addiction of Flashy Blinky lights. Friends will think you are bonkers, and you will get married to your sequencing software. :)

Its all good, Red necks like me like shinny flashy things.

Here in the Netherlands it is not so populair yet but i am trying to change that lol.

i start small with an 16 channel ac controller and maybey this year another 2 16 channel dc controllers for the 12vdc leds witch are much cheaper in use.