Light-O-Rama Forums

More Channels

Watts UP

This is what I think I want to buy next year ….. Hope they go on sale 2(CMB16D-QC)

and also the also a heat sink kit, and the outdoor enclosure.

And the big question is am I going in the correct direction?

Not a problem mounting the board in the box and the wires.

Is this what most or some do?

Bottom line I need more channels.

Feed back Welcome!

Watts UP!

The type of controllers you buy are soley based upon their usage in your show. There's truly a lot of options out there but plan for not only 2014 but also for the years coming. There's probably only a few people in here who can afford to run out and buy everything in one shot so look at long term plans, plan, acquire, build and of course, sequence!

The controller you mentioned is best for running high powered leds that run on 36v.  It's the only one that I know of that will work for that.  The better bang for the buck is the 24 channel controller for running ribbons and 10w rgb floods.  DMX controllers are good for this too, requires more learning and not quite as easy to use as LOR, but cheaper.

I want to at this time stick with regular incandescent bulbs, not that I don't want to learn anything new, but it is at this time more of a cost thing. (and I hate to say it also my age) not a problem with LED's other then the cost at this time still IMO a new thing on the market.

I have seen the cool stuff that can be done with them.

Sorry being new with the lights, I guess I am lost, 

If we were talking helicopters, I have 15 years experience but we are not talking helicopters.

This is what I have and want more and the best bank for the buck!

I have 1 CBT16PC and want to add more, maybe (2)

The big question is what do I need, I don't want the kit, can I buy just the controller

Thanks!!!

this is the one I always buy, all you do is install the strain relief bracket and the cords     

ctb16

not sure why I can't past the link,uess it's another hiccup round these parts

If you have IE 11 on your computer, your screwed in helping anyone.  The quote button doesn't work and copy/paste anything.  LOR is aware of it and plans to fix after the holidays.  Dibs on which after holiday?!