Light-O-Rama Forums

2nd COntroller not coming up when refreshing

edough01

I set the address switch on teh second controller to a different address the red light is on but my software refreshes and still only sees one controller. Any idea what I can do Thanks in advance. Ed

edough01 wrote:

I set the address switch on teh second controller to a different address the red light is on but my software refreshes and still only sees one controller. Any idea what I can do Thanks in advance. Ed

Did you cycle the power on the unit after switching the address?

-Tim

I unplugged the first one completey and plugged in the cat 5 cable into the 2nd controller and it isnt found any suggestions where to go from here there must be something wrong with the second controller the only thing I changed on it from the beginning was the address to be different than the 1st one. Ed

edough01 wrote:

I unplugged the first one completey and plugged in the cat 5 cable into the 2nd controller and it isnt found any suggestions where to go from here there must be something wrong with the second controller the only thing I changed on it from the beginning was the address to be different than the 1st one. Ed

Has it ever worked?

You could try downloading new firmware into it...

-Tim

Ed,

What Tim was getting at. In order for the change of address to take effect you have to cycle power to the controller after the switch is changed.

You may also try a reset on the board. To reset, set the switches to 00 with the comm cable unplugged and plug the board in for like 10 seconds. Unplug and set to the desired address.

Chuck