Light-O-Rama Forums

What to do if LOR II is not released in time.

CUTTHEMUSIC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Robin

• tallan

• Tim Fischer

• richardh

CUTTHEMUSIC wrote:

Ponddude wrote:
I ran my entire Halloween show with the Beta verison and had no problems with it at all. Granted, my Christmas show is much more in depth, but I don't see any problems what would occur. You should be fine with the beta if that is all that comes out by Christmas. The also released the latest version of the beta during my Halloween time and I used that as well, also without any problems. So even if they release the full version after black friday, I think you should be fine.
How many channels were you running? How many sequences??

For Halloween I only had something like 20 channels active. Plus, there was only one long sequence that was about 20 minutes long that just kept playing over and over. I didn't syncronize it to singing music, just scary sounds. You can check out part of it here.

For Christmas however, I will be running 48 channels, plus a bunch of x-10 stuff. When I had everything out for Halloween I did some testing with the x-10 stuff, although it wasn't used in the show. I just wanted to make sure it worked, and I had no issues with it. As far as sequences, there are 11 or 12 that I have done, plus a 20 minute long "intermission" is you will, that will play inbetween each 20 minute musical set. So basically it will be 20 minutes of animation, 20 minutes of static, and so on for the entire viewing times.

But like I said, I had no issues during Halloween, so I am not expecting
anymore for Christmas. I guess we will find out next week.:D

Greg

Actually Richard there are several effects you can do with II that you can not with LOR surprised you did not find them yet.

Now for Johnny Christmas and his remarks.
From what you hear? Give me a break! Either expose your source or shut the &*^% up. I am sick and tired of this constant bitching and complaining from people just like you and how you go about it.

Now if DCook thinks I am acting like a bully then so be it. Do not start rumors on things you or none of us know anything about.

Oh and as far as running the show goes it seems to me that it is plenty stable right now. I am more concerned about having lights go out than I am about problems with the BETA.

Besides I have around 500 hours in sequencing and am not turning back now.

Robin wrote:

Actually Richard there are several effects you can do with II that you can not with LOR surprised you did not find them yet.

What are they?

I know there are many features that make it a whole lot easier like for Foreground and Background effects, but these are just selection tools. There is the trigger a sequence feature, but you could program the same channels in LOR I.

The only effects that I know of that would be impossible to pull off with LOR I that will be included with latter versions of LOR II is the Shimmer Fade (you can pull off a twinkle fade with LOR if you spend a lot of time)

It is possible to create the same sequence with LOR I that you could with LOR II, it would just take more time depending on what you where trying to do.

Richard, if you consider the background/ foreground just toggles then what do you call the effectis they produce. Maybe you can do them with LOR but to do it as precise and with just a click or two sure qualifies as an effect to me.

Also, the multiple tracks enable someone to do fades like yours in a fraction of the time. I realize that is not an effect but it sure is a time saver.

The sequence within a sequence is something that you can not do in LOR that can be done in II. To think you can have one, two, three or more sequences all within on sequence and triggered by an event sure seems "effective" to me.

Some of the things that I did for this year I know would have taken me two, maybe three times longer with LOR than it did with LORII.

Robin wrote:

Some of the things that I did for this year I know would have taken me two, maybe three times longer with LOR than it did with LORII.

I agree with you on that. LOR II is a time saver doing certain functions and effects. A big thumbs up!

I guess by the word "effects" I meant new lighting effects like the shimmer fade and twinkle fade. Things that were impossible to do with LOR I.

I plan on dong a "Whats New & Cool Tricks" post when LOR II does come out.

[line]
Well everyone can stop their complaining and moaning, because if you check the BETA forus, you will see the public release will be out on friday (Beta Testers check your email because Dan wrote us a very nice letter)

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum86/15170.html

Now it's just on to the questions....let them start flowing....lol

Greg

Are the beta forums only visible to beta testers? I'm not able to access that thread...

But if it's to be released on Friday, that's great news indeed!

-Tim

Robin wrote:

Actually Tim they are suppose to be open for all to see.

I can't see it either so we'll have to take ponddude's word for it.

Anyone know pondude's address incase this is some kind of crule joke??

JUST KIDDING!! :D

Dan

Robin wrote:

Actually Tim they are suppose to be open for all to see.

Maybe I made the naughty list somehow... :dude:

-Tim

No Tim, we haven't been able to see everything the Beta testers have. I for one am happy about that, I can understand it, I am excited to see the what and how the new software can do. :D

Steve

Thats my fault actually guys. I think the fourms that have the links to the software are only viewable to the beta testers. Didn't mean to hang the carrot infront of the horse...if you know what i mean. But it basically says the the version will be released by the end of the week.:D

Greg

richardh wrote:

If anybody is holding out for LORII, don't. You need to get started right now with LOR I.

LOR II has some nice features but it is not going to make you program much faster.

Nope.... I'm waiting for LORII. And I'm really hoping it comes with an auto sequence button.:D

Guest wbottomley

Dan Maslyk wrote:

richardh wrote:
If anybody is holding out for LORII, don't. You need to get started right now with LOR I.

LOR II has some nice features but it is not going to make you program much faster.

Nope.... I'm waiting for LORII. And I'm really hoping it comes with an auto sequence button.;)

It can lite the grill too!:D