Light-O-Rama Forums

12 CCR tree alignment

ajfelice

I  put up my first 12 CCR tree this year and I have noticed 2 things.

1) For me, I have the CCR's about 12 in apart at the bottom and this spacing causes me not to ba able to see definition of figures well. I guess this is because the tree is only 30 feet from the street. Does anyone uses a diiferent spacing?

2) The alignment of some of my figures in a sequence is off. So,  when one places the CCR on a CCR  tree frame . Should one align the strips even at the bottom and so the top of the tree will be uneven or should one align the strips evenly at the top and have the bottom uneven?

2D tree (flat) Line them up at the bottom. Just the natural way they go on and the different spacing at the bottom coupled with the angle of the strips will create a 1/2 diamond shape crown at the top.

3D tree, (180 degree or 360 degree)They need to be lined up at the bottom and the top

I lined mine up with the bottom of the star so they formed a "v". Seems to work fine and fills in the gap below the star...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just been watching a few guys sequence to "Frosty the Snowman". One guy has what looks like a 6" rail fence behind his pixel tree. I counted 12 strips. And they fan out the whole length of that fence. So, I would say that he spaced out what looked like to be 6" between strips (verticals).

that sounds better I got mine 8 inches on bottom but look better at 6 inches bottom and 1 inch on top

better definition to me

• The topic was locked