Light-O-Rama Forums

Ordering from Ray Wu problems

BobinFL

I have been trying to order some pixel strings for evaluation from Ray Wu, but am having problems.  When I go to finalize the order the web site shows the attached message.  I thought perhaps Rays database did not have WV in it's data base! so I tried my old address in FL....same thing.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Bob

post-1557-0-49955400-1387989577_thumb.jp

The message says contact the seller for details. I would do just that. Ray is very good and will be able to tell you what is going on and resolve it.

I would email him directly and not order from the website.  He will send you a quote and give you a better shipping rate.

The problem will not be with Ray, it is a problem with AliExpress which is effectively the "Chinese equivalent" of Amazon.com. I live in the Isle of Man, a country not recognised by AliExpress, but I have agreed a "work around" with Ray, which includes adding my correct postal address as a note to each item I order.

China does not celebrate Christmas, which is interesting with them making most of the decorations used. The Chinese New Year starts on January 31st in 2014 and it will be the year of the horse. Most businesses will close for several days. You would have to ask Ray what dates he is planning to close.

Regards,

Alan.

I received a quote from Ray but not sure how to pay for the items. Ray did give me a slight discount on shipping but if I pay through the normal check out process I wouldn't receive the discount.  Anyone familiar with the check out process?

His paypal address is in the quote but how does he know what I'm ordering?  Do I include the order number with my paypal payment? 

In the past he's always done a custom "item" in the store with your name on it, including everything you want.  Then you just add that to your cart and pay through Ali.

Tim,  I looked for an invoice with my name but none exist.  I noticed the latest invoice is dated November 8, 2013.  It also looked liked the quantities on the PI were wrong and I emailed them last night but no reply yet. Another thing that confuses me is I placed my original inquiry at RAY WU'S store but the website listed on the PI are http://rita.en.alibaba.com and www.rita-light.com  .   I tried these different websites to get clarification on the quantity and with how to pay  and noticed the chat name is RAY Sun which doesn't concern me much other than just adding more confusion.  He said pay through aliexpress which if I do it would just be as if I never emailed and chatted with them. I guess I would just add the items to my cart and forget the discount and any clarification.

To explain my confusion, I Want to order 5 rolls of RGB "DC 12v 5050 SMD 60LEDs/m led strip, waterproof by silicone tube", which would be a total of 25 meters (5 meters each roll). I also asked how many end caps I would receive.  His quote had a quantity of 19 so that was and included a note stating "some silicone clamps and endcaps, no quantity on these. I can see where this quantity of 19 came from.  This is for next year and I'm in no hurry thankfully.  If anyone sees something I am doing wrong feel free to comment.

Previous post I said, "I can see where this quantity of 19 came from". It should say I can't see where this quantity came from.

• The topic was locked