Light-O-Rama Forums

Setup Help - Too many options

jeff.francis84

Looking to get some advice on setup.  I've tossed several ideas around and even jotted several down but wanted everyone's thoughts since this is all new to me.

Thanks,

The Plan:

1 - 16 channel AC Controller

1 maybe 2 - LOR Dumb DC Controller(s)

I had planned on outlining the windows and garage door with dumb RGB (then I can use that setup during halloween as well).  Other than that, I've tossed around several layouts.  

Should I group by 4's as recommended or accommodate to my layout.  

Any help is appreciated.  

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all! :)

post-13439-0-81637000-1387899413_thumb.j

Setup as you want too.  I don't use a "4" plan as I have stuff all over the place.  Use the visualizer to get an idea of how things will like.  Have fun with your setup!

Tom Straub

If you plan on doing your own sequencing don't worry about the "4" rule. First year for me and I laid everything out as it made sense for my house and I think things turned out great. Groups of 4's just wouldn't have worked with my setup.

Download the software and see what the setup would look like. Doubtful the groups of 4 would work for your place. Right off, I see 6 bushes, 2 - 3 trees, 4 posts and 5 windows. This excludes the roof line, garage and runners which may be alongside the driveway or any other props you may want to add. Playing with the software will help you determine what you really want to do with your house and how it may look best when you add the lights to it.

i guess i'll jump on the bandwagon and agree.  Groups of fours in a very basic sense--makes sense; but with all the time you have to make a unique setup, i'd make it all your own.  you'll find (at least i did) it is actually easier to sequence knowing just how you want things as opposed to trying to fit your stuff into certain groups.  you have a great foundation to start on that's for sure!  don't know if you're thinking of the roof the first year, but in my own mind i've already put sixteen channels on it!  Great thing about this is you can build a little each year--welcome to this obsessive and awesome hobby!

Yeah, the whole groups of 4 will look off on your layout, maybe make separate groups such as a group of channels for windows, then a group for trees, then 4 for the posts, etc. Know where all your lights are going before sequencing, and visualize how you want them to go then sequence from there. After you do a song and test it live or play on the visualizer, you can fine tune it and then you'll have a better idea of how your next songs will go. Good luck too you.

• Like 1