Light-O-Rama Forums

Signs To Adsvertise FM Transmitter Station

geoman

Hello,

I am new and have been deocration for a couple weeks now. I need a sign to advertise my FM station. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Suggestions on how to make one? I may get some energy to make one.

Any help would be great.

Thx

William Ahern wrote:

Someone else pointed me to this sight but I forget whom (sorry, but credit goes to them)> This is a sight with a list of how to videos. one of them is "radio sign construction". Lots of cool stuff here tho'.

http://www.christmasdisplays.net/howtovideos.php

hope this helps.

B

Yes - very helpful. I see I need to make my own. I printed some letters off the printer. I am thinking about going with a different idea.

18X24 3/8 Inch plywood 2 pieces

Then I place the letters on the wood and draw them out.
Cut them out with a jig saw.
Place a thin plastic of any color over holes of the words on the inside.
Then place a couple lights inside.

This is the direction I am going to try.

Thank you

lleibeck wrote:

I found the following site http://www.rainbowvinylgraphics.com/ I am waiting for a quote and an estimate for delivery.

Lee

I would be interested in the price they give you. What dimmensions did you request?
Could you provide a little more information on what you requested.

I have a feeling it will be quite pricey. The wife was just saying you know you could sell these.... :(

Maybe next year dear...... My wmen would have me working everyday.... to funny.

RayNMesa wrote:

You may also want to check this site > http://www.buildasign.com/

I ordered a coreo sign and they did a great job for a good price.

Thanks I ordered one to see how it will look. I picked the real estate sign then designed it which took me a whole 15 minutes. I only ordered 1 sided for paint. 2 Sided was like 25.00 more..... Then I bought the wire frame too.

xmas1.gif

My Order :(

xmas2.gif

Earlier this year I did something with the light panels you can buy for making letters using mini's. I've seen people use them to promote the FM station. I thought why not make it like a highway construction sign - alternate messages to catch the attention of the viewers. I posted this on PC early in the year and many members really liked the idea. It needs 3 channels to operate, but the effect is worth it. Here is a video that shows the effect. Please excuse the blurring in the video - the compression did a number on it.

Mike

The sign size is 18 x 24. It is printed on a material that can be backlit. I believe the pricing is around $40 to $45. This does not include the hardware.

I had these printed up a few years back at speedy sign. I just took in a CD with the graphics and the fonts done in photoshop. The 2 back lit film cost me about 25 bucks each.

I had a local HVAC company bend me the sheet metal for the frames, and I put in an Fish Aquarium bulbs to light it up.

Edit this picture is not the best. The Sign has multi color on the trees.

Attached files 142074=8456-sign night.jpg

I went to a local vinyl graphics shop. They're making a sign using the same material as political campaign signs. Pretty cost effective for me. Just using a low wattage flood light to light it up.

Here's what I did...

71777808_9dd50cdacf.jpg?v=0

That was using Photoshop - then vinyl cut lettering on metal sign and standard real estate type frame. Then I added the chasing lights for effect and front lit with a pin spot.

The nice thing is because my wife is in the Embroidery, Screen Printing and Graphics business, I can now do the lettering in house on my own.

So, when it came time to customize a snowman I got from Michaels - all it took was colorplast and a great design along with my Roland GX24 DIgital Cutter!

snowman.jpg

kevin wrote:

I had these printed up a few years back at speedy sign. I just took in a CD with the graphics and the fonts done in photoshop. The 2 back lit film cost me about 25 bucks each.

I had a local HVAC company bend me the sheet metal for the frames, and I put in an Fish Aquarium bulbs to light it up.

Edit this picture is not the best. The Sign has multi color on the trees.

Very Nice Sign.

Try your local Lowes or Home Depot. I found a blank 18 x 24 coro sign in the section with the for sale buy owner signs at Lowes. It cost me $6.00 for the blank sign and $2.00 for a pack of multi color sharpie markers!

• 1 month later...

levelbest wrote:

So, when it came time to customize a snowman I got from Michaels - all it took was colorplast and a great design along with my Roland GX24 DIgital Cutter!

snowman.jpg

Where did you get the counter to put in the snowman?