Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR's Not Running Properly

overeazy

Ok I have a total of 16 CCR's, 12 on my CCR tree on one Aux A 500 K network and the other 4 on Aux B at 500K.  My CCR tree does not seem to be

acting properly on some of the sequences.  There are times when some parts stay on when they are not suppose to be and on some sequences ribbons

1 and 12 do not turn on for parts of it.  I have checked all the Network preferences and they are right and all have the latest firmware so I am thinking

maybe they are being overloaded.  What I would like to do is place two of the ribbons on a new network C.  I have a spare usb hub that is 115k that I could run

but am wondering if there will be a problem with having 10 of the CCR's on Aux A and the last two on Aux C?   I am not sure what else to try.  Any Suggestions?

I could run a cable from the 4 CCR's on Aux B over to a few of them but not sure if that violates anything.  I know the CCR's have to be in order and have them

1A-25 for the CCR tree and 26-29 for the other 4.  Not sure what to try next.

Check those problem sequences. Make sure those channels and network are assign correctly. If your not using macros, completely delete those rows so nothing is accidentally filled in.

One 500K adapter should handle 12 CCRs, but maybe spilt it in half using two 500K and use the standard adapter for the other 4. This will buy you time and you can figure out why it's not working off-season.

Also plug each adapter in to its own USB port on the PC...if 3 are available. I wouldn't run that many channels into a hub.

Your CCR firmware is 1.17, correct?

I am running a 12 CCR tree on one 500K Aux network withing any apparent problems. The system is a XP system that i have been using for several years.

The old, slower network is still running the other controllers, so two USB connections run everything.

I am running about 100' of cable from the computer to the CCR controllers - so distance is not an issue.

No the firmware I am using is 1.10.  Could that be the problem?  And will the new network handle 4 CCR's at 115k?   I am running 200 feet of cat 5 cable to them, could that be an issue?

What S3 version are you using? 1.17 is the latest for the CCR.You will be fine running 4 CCRs on the older adapter. 900 ch's is about the max you want to go.

And the distance is not going to be an issue.

If you read the user manual on the adapter, I think you can go up to a few thousand feet. I haven't personally tried that distance, but have run 500' with no problems.

I know it is recommended to have only one unit connected when updating but that seems like it is going to be a lot of work to keep go out to where they are located and unhook all of them and then keep going back to switch to each one.  Not really a problem is there if I make sure I know what unit I am upgrading each time.  And will upgrading really make them run smoother?  thanks

I know it is recommended to have only one unit connected when updating but that seems like it is going to be a lot of work to keep go out to where they are located and unhook all of them and then keep going back to switch to each one.  Not really a problem is there if I make sure I know what unit I am upgrading each time.  And will upgrading really make them run smoother?  thanks

Yes. Upgrading firmware will help. I'm not saying its a guarantee it will solve your problem, but does sound likely whats causing it. I would connect one at a time to upgrade. Only takes a min for each.

If you search through the forums...several experience the same problems and upgrading the firmware solved it. So definitely worth trying.

I just haul a laptop and a 100 foot CAT5 cable outside and start to work.

But I'm in sunny California and don't have to hunt for controllers in the snow.

Yes I would love to go outside in a short sleeve shirt and pull up a chair and get each one individually updated.  But seeing as to how I am in Michigan and we had about 7 inches of snow of the ground and then last Friday we got a half inch of freezing rain to make a nice ice crust on the snow.  And of course we got 8 new fresh inches of snow this afternoon and the weather does not look to improve anytime soon.  Think I will try to update them tomorrow from the warmth of the house and hope if it doesn't take care of the problem I don't it up and make it worse.  I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of extension cords left until spring to come up.

Was able to upgrade all my firmware to 1.17 yesterday right from my laptop, while they were all hooked up and it went fine and was very easy.  And things seem to be running much better now so thanks for all the help.  Went out in the

display today and measured and have 17 inches of snow, then a 1/2 to 3/4 inches of ice and then 3 more inches under the ice.  The lights in the trees are all frozen to the trees in ice so don't have to worry this year about wind damage.

The weather is only expected to get colder in the next week so won't see a thaw for sometime.  Christmas is over, time for the snow to go.  

• The topic was locked