Light-O-Rama Forums

CCR sequences not playing in show

SnappyTom

I id the networks, it finds all 13 units 12 CCR and one CTB for the star. When i play the show the other 5 CTBs work but the CCR tree and the star doesnt. I play one song on the CCRs then one song on the CTBs. Any ideas?

To configure the SuperStar sequences, click on "Tools" then select "Configuration". Set the first and last unit ID of each network, then export the sequence.

To configure the Sequence Editor, click on the "Edit" menu then select "Preferences" then "Network Preferences"

Set the com number for the Regular network, then expand the Aux Networks and set the com number for each network there.

Also, in the same dialog box, set the network speed. 500K works best for the CCRs, but you must have the most recent firmware in the CCR controllers to run at 500K.

You can update the firmware from your computer and leave all the controllers where they are.

To update the CCR controllers to the latest firmware, do the following:

1) Download the latest S3 software.

2) Launch the Hardware Utility

3) Click on the "Refresh" button, after 30 seconds or so it should find your CCR controllers and list them in the list box

4) Click on the "Firmware" button at the bottom

5) Step 1 - click on "Selected unit listed above"

6) Step 2 - click on the "Open" button and select "CCR150D-V1_17.lhx"

7) Step 3 - click on the "Download" button

8) After 20 seconds or so it will tell you it is done

9) Select the next CCR controller and click on the "Download" button again

Do this for each CCR controller

I tried this on my single CCR and I got the "loading" message, but it just sat there. I let it run for like 10 minutes, nothing...I touched the cancel button. Hopefully the CCR wll still work.

No, it doesn't work any more. This update, I just restarted it and its just sitting there stating its "loading". This is being processed through the ELL's if that makes a difference since the CCR is out in the yard?

Goodmorning Brian, i just got out of ICU for the past ten days a little open heart surgery. So im moving a little slow. The CCR tree was working fine last year so i dont know what changed. I see you gAve me great directions on how to set it all up again. If the network ids all the controlers shouldent it work?

Updated all CCR controlers and dont see any option for the 500k for network speed. Looking under network preferences.

I checked the controler id all correct, the nwtwork id all the controlers and i updated all 12 controlers. Still when music comes on for the CCR tree no lights?????

The older versions of the Sequence Editor had "Short Range Faster" as the highest network speed. In the newer versions of the Sequence Editor they changed it to be 28K, 56K, 115K, and 500K. "Short Range Faster" is the same as 115K.

It is Ok to use the older version, but if you are just running 1 network at "short range faster" you may have problems with lag in some parts of the sequences. But don't worry about that right now, we need to get them working first.

Are you running a sequence that was exported from SuperStar? If so, what settings did you use in the "Configuration" dialog box? To see the Configuration dialog box, launch SuperStar, click on the Tools menu and select "Configuration"

I want to get you running. Please give your phone number and I will give you a call and get this figured out.