Light-O-Rama Forums

adding timings

musicman130

I am starting to play with the software as I am going to be doing a pixel tree next year and was wondering about timings.  i watched some of the videos online and see the add timings, click it and it adds timings. Now, can you add sub-timings to it?  It seems as if the timings it adds are on the beat, what if I want to have timings as 8th notes or 16th notes, can you do that or do you have to just guess on the timeline where the notes begin?  I am doing wizards and in the beginning there are 8th notes that I would like to do on the tree, but when it adds timings it is in between all the timings it puts in. 

Don't know if it matters that I'm using the demo version as I have yet to purchase the software, also using 3.9 LOR version as I will have to get the license update in order to get any higher.  Is there an advantage to getting the most recent version of LOR or will I be fine with the 3.9 that I have.

Thanks,

Rob

Sorry, there is no option to add sub-timings. Also, the demo version is identical to the paid versions in every way except you can't export the sequence.

Some bug fixes and some features have been added since 3.9, but nothing has been added since then related to the timings.

One thing you can try with the timings is to note that in the upper left of the program there is an up/down arrow button, click on the down arrow button and it expands the timings and it will show what it found for each of the 32 frequency ranges.

So, whatever i do in the demo, will I be able to export once I get the full version, or will i have to start over?  Also when it exports, does it just add to what you have already done in LOR?  I won't lose anything i have, done, correct?

No you will not lose anything you have done. When it exports, it exports a file that the sequence editor can play. It will be of whatever lights you sequenced. If you have a main sequence to combine it with you need to play the exported sequence as a subsequence, or combine it using copy/paste. There is a tutorial on this, go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials." The SuperStar tutorials are at the bottom. Look for "Getting SuperStar sequences into main sequences"