Light-O-Rama Forums

reset all ccrs now none of them work.

Nick Harpold

I was getting random flashing, etc. from my ccr tree last night. So I unloaded LOR and reset each of the 12 ccr controllers. Now my show comes on and the tree does not work at all. All ccr controllers have power. And I can find all 6 on the 2 separate networks. My regular LOR network and all 8 controllers are working fine but I have no CCR's.  Just the 6 channel star on top of the ccr tree. 

Hopefully it's something simple and I can get a quick answer. I have cars lined up outside.......

double check that your com ports in the device manager match what you have in your LOR network preferences.

Did you try power cycling the computer?

If you reset your CCRs, they probably went back to the factory setting.

Try putting one CCR at a time on your computer and use the Hardware Utility to check them out, load the latest firmware and address them.

Well, it seems the problem is fixed. I wish that I could tell everyone that I know how to solve this problem. But to be honest I have no idea why the quit working. And even less of an idea of how they began to work again. 

After spending several hours last night trouble shooting different settings and trying different configurations with Frank Farmer (Great guy. Thanks for the help).  We were both out of ideas.  So I gave up and went to bed.  

When I got home today, I went straight to work on figuring out the problem.  And wouldn't you know it. Started a show and everything is working just fine now....

So if anyone else runs into the same problem,  my suggestion is SLEEP ON IT.................LOL.

Ken,

That was one of the first things I tried.  They all showed the correct unit ID's. And 1.17 firmware. But to be safe I readdressed them all and updated the firmware to 1.17 again. Also checked the configuration.  All looked good to start with, but thought that may be the problem. But that didn't do the trick either. 

Apparently they just decided they were all going on strike last night..... Good news is there back on the job today....

I only have one CCR but had a problem early on. The HWU could see it with no issue but nothing I could do would command it. Turned out, it was a bad RJ45 connection feeding it. Fixed that and all's happy out there.

Ken,

That was one of the first things I tried.  They all showed the correct unit ID's. And 1.17 firmware. But to be safe I readdressed them all and updated the firmware to 1.17 again. Also checked the configuration.  All looked good to start with, but thought that may be the problem. But that didn't do the trick either. 

Apparently they just decided they were all going on strike last night..... Good news is there back on the job today....

Might check your network speed; 12 CCRs on one network may need the 500K speed, but the others can get by with a regular network.

Do you have one network or two networks?

• The topic was locked