Light-O-Rama Forums

watching sequence while show is playing

adam_northdakota

I am having a Christmas party this weekend so I am wondering if there is a way to watch the sequence playing on the pc screen while the show is playing outside.  I'm sure there will be questions on how the lights work so it would be nice to show them the sequence editor going instead of just my home screen.  thanks and Merry Christmas.

I think you can load all sequences in the Sequence Editor and select "Play all Sequences". Just make sure to turn on looping and the Control Panel and you should be all set.

In the Control Panel you also have to disable the schedule...

The Visualizer will allow you to watch what's happening in the yard while the show is running.  The sequence editor has nothing to do with the show player, and will allow you to only play one sequence at a time - and it's a completely manual operation.

I think you can load all sequences in the Sequence Editor and select "Play all Sequences". Just make sure to turn on looping and the Control Panel and you should be all set. In the Control Panel you also have to disable the schedule...

Not a good idea on a Show computer.  I have a new i7 and this will max out the memory & CPU usage.  I have 10 pixel networks & the Sequence Editor doesn't handle CPUs & memory well for such large sequences.  I can easily load 2, and really pushing my machine hard with 4 or 5.

I use the visualizer all the time to monitor what's going on in the show but as stated already, trying to load all sequences in the sequence editor, it'll probably lock up everything or be so slow in responding, it won't be worth it.

True - depends on the size of the show. Other alternative is to use a second computer and just load one sequence for show and tell...