Light-O-Rama Forums

80 CCR Upgrade

dougd

Any idea when the 80 CCR license might be available. Sure would be nice if it was at the first of the year so planning ahead could be done. Thanks.

The plan is to have it available next year. Need to do more testing to make sure all pieces of the software can handle the extra bandwidth. Can't make any commitment until we do more testing.

• 8 months later...

If you were to use 80 CCRs with the current version of S3 there is potential for problems with lag. For this reason the 80 CCR license will not come out until after the new protocol is finished for the Sequence Editor.

It is easy to increase the number of channels that SuperStar will export. But I want to make sure the Sequence Editor will properly support the increased number of channels.

It is easy to increase the number of channels that SuperStar will export. But I want to make sure the Sequence Editor will properly support the increased number of channels.

ROFL ... Mr. Berra??? Yogi.. is that YOU ???

(sorry ... had to do it .. )

That's disappointing to hear.  I only actually needed a 48 CCR license for a 24 X 100 pixel matrix, which leaves me only 8 CCRs short.

Anyway, thank you Brian for providing the updated information.