Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller 3 On and Recognized - Not Working

Chino Lights

I have never been able to get the third controller that I purchased last year to work.  It is powered on with no blinking LED's, assigned as unit 3 in Hardware & SE, all channels are correct,  and I have the correct licensing (Basic Plus).  The controller has never been used.  I have double checked everything that I can think of.

Any suggestions for me?

Does the problem controller (#3) work as assigned for #1 or #2 controller? That would tell you either the controller is the problem or the software.

Or

Re-download The Basic Plus software again.

p.s. although I have never used the controller, a fuse is bad.  I am going to replace it tomorrow and hope that there is not a greater concern which would have caused the fuse to blow.  I am only running three small channels off of the controller so there should have never been a concern. I hope to have it up tomorrow.

Thanks again Tom. Yours was the only reply :)

Your welcome.

Well the fuse is a big factor obviously and it's something I think we all overlook or just assume they are good.

Might as well buy some spares for the future.

Keep us posted on what you find out.

Please make sure you use  a fast acting 314 (little fuse )15amp 250 volt ceramic replacement. Littlefuse or Bussman are typical well known fuse companies. If you have an electrical supply near you they can assist on the purchase of the correct fuse.  Make sure you do not use a slo-blow variety as this has time delay on it for surges on startup of some devices.   Your solid state components can be damaged if not protected correctly.

Happy Holidays!

Marty

If the fuse has blown it has done so for good reason.  If you have an ohm meter available, you may want to check what ever lights/etc your plugging into the controller.  Or simply plug them into an outlet to test them and make sure they work before replacing the fuse.  Otherwise it's likely you will blow a new fuse immediately.  Another cause for blowing a fuse is by putting to many lights on one plug.  Your limited to 8 amps per channel if you have the large heatsinks and one if no heat sinks if your running the small or no heat sinks.  If your still having problems, let us know what type of lights / devices your plugging in and what type of controllers your using.  Just so you know and I'm making assumptions about the controller your using.  You have two power plugs for your controllers which are used to supply it with power.  One side (left I believe) is used to power the controller electronics.  The right(?)  is used for switching lights/devices.  When you replace the fuse disconnect all of your lights/devices to see if it powers up ok without loads.  You can also move the fuse from the right side to the left as a way to prove out functionality until you get a new fuse.