Light-O-Rama Forums

Carol of the Bells - Pentatonix

crackchecker

The software is the LOR Sequence Editor. The timing data came from Audacity and I mapped a channel to each note. Bob also has SW that breaks down a song into notes.

If you like that song you'll like this one too. 

Timings for Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix

Edited by jstorms

The software is the LOR Sequence Editor. The timing data came from Audacity and I mapped a channel to each note. Bob also has SW that breaks down a song into notes.

If you like that song you'll like this one too. 

Timings for Little Drummer Boy by Pentatonix

Sequence File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B95M-4jUDX5admtPOXpSUnlGQ0E

You should do a tutorial on how to do this .

Yes +1 one please.  I had not seen Audacity be accurate enough in note deciphering to pick individual ones out reliably, or perhaps I was thinking it could not distinguish a voice note vs a trumpet note etc.

So after you create a controller per note, what do you do with it?

First I create a LMS file with no timings and 1 channel (which I clobber).

In Audacity I do the polyphonic analysis, and export the label to a text file.

I read in the Audacity labels file. It has the following format.

<start time> <stop time> <midi note>

I convert the times from seconds to centiseconds and put each start and stop time into a timing grid if it doesn't already exist.

Then for each midi note found I lookup what the name of the note is based on the number and create a deviceless channel, and add also the channel to the track.

Then for each audacity line do a fade from <start time> to <stop time> on the corresponding channel for the indicated note.

I make the above changes in the .lms file.

So you make up a spreadsheet of this basically?  have a screen capture of what you are starting with raw and then maybe something you've worked for a couple of minutes.  I think i get the process, a formula converts the time values I assume into the timing in the LMS file?

How do you figure your time goes with this method vs more traditional grid based, in my case LSP so I can use some sonic tools on the song straight in the software as well to create timing marks for me.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would like a copy of the Carol of the Bells sequence and Angels we have heard on High if you wouldn't mind.

bolinglr@comcast.net

Thanks

Edited by bolinglr

• 11 months later...

Not sure if this thread is dead, looking for a Pentatonix- Carol of the Bells- file for reference, if anyone has one, please send- derek.dutilly@gmail.com

thanks in advance!

I would love a copy of this, thank you for sharing! *edit, I just saw the google drive link, Thanks

radarman2000@gmail.com

Edited by radarman2000