Light-O-Rama Forums

programming on one computer

Watts UP

programming on one computer running on other

I am losing my music file when I go to play it on the second computer file not found or wrong drive letter

the big question is how do I change the drive letter i am using a memory stick

any videos to help me out

hope this is enough information I'm running late for work

Thanks Leonard

As long as you leave all the files in the default locations on the programming computer, then copying the entire LOR directory to a flash, copying that entire directory to the show computer, it should work. I do this all the time, just for backup purposes. The first time you did this, you would probably need to open each sequence and identify the location of the media file as I'm thinking the location of the file is stored in the system registry, although I've not looked to be sure. I'm thinking your issue is that the media directory location on one computer is different than the other....that's most likely where your problem is.

Dont even have to have the same directories per say. Now once you drill down to the "LOR" folder. I have everything the same. But on one computer that folder is on the D drive. And another its in the C drive in the document folder. And at this time I am copying to a NAS drive and then over to the show computer.

Now I have to say for some people it would be best if the folder structure be the same on both computers.

That is exactly what I do. I edit on a windows 7 laptop, and run my show on a windows XP laptop. The home directory for my LOR software is the default structure but it is located on my network drive. So I edit and add new files to the network location (which is Raid level 1) and when I am ready to move sequences over to my show I copy over either the entire directory or just those sequences and audio files that I changed to the XP laptop. The XP laptop runs with the default LOR directory structure and it is located in My Documents.

I have also used the same network location for both laptops, but I like having them seperate. It gives me peace of mind knowing I have another copy.

John

I am still having trouble I will try to post when I get home today more detail

about what is going on

the program is not finding the audio file

something is adding a drive letter and not finding it on pc 2

something like drive not found

all the files are in the folder on PC 2 or network and also direct paste to folder on pc 2

when I go to run the program I get an error message

thanks Leonard

this is only for the audio file

I know that I program on one PC and trasfer files to my show PC.  I always dump the files in a common directory - usually not the same as my programmin PC - say Christmas 2013.  I then open each file on the show PC to associate the lms and audio file.

You say that is not working for you??

As mentioned by others earlier, keeping things in the "default" directory (which may be different on the two different computers), or else using the exact same directory structure on both computers, is the suggested method.  However, if you're having issues with that, you might want to try this instead:

Open up your sequence in the Sequence Editor.

Click on the "Edit" menu.

Click on the "Media File" menu item.

A file browser will open up.  Use it to find the media file, click on the media file, and click "OK".

Save your sequence.

Some info on Networks:

When you use LOR in a Networked environment and are moving files, it really becomes a pain. I set my first show up with the network (have a domain and 3 servers) and I had more problems with re-associating the media file to the sequence... but I did do it as it won't work otherwise. Use the LOR verifier after you move the files. you can run this against a file or a show. It will tell you what is not happy in the sequence. I can tell you that after I moved all the sequences to the show laptop, I had to go back into each one of the sequences and point it to the file and then save the sequence.

Then everything lit up and it works. :D

Kip

Changing your drive letter may not be the answer.  I suggest that you do not operate from a flash drive. Use it as a version of "Sneaker Net".  

Here is the way I do what you are doing... 

For convenience I have my LOR directory on my desktop. I copy the entire directory to a flash drive. I do not open or edit files on the flash drive, I copy the LOR directory  to the desktop of the editing computer and complete any work. Reverse the process and copy the file to the show computer. So far works every time. 

• 2 weeks later...

Select,  

Start-->Computer-->(C:)-->Program Files (x86)-->Light-O-Rama

Scroll to,  

LORPost.exe

Double click and tell it where your files are.

Done. No more problem.