Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Light-O-Rama in 2006

Guest guest

My boys love watching all of the videos that I have downloaded. Thank God there home schooled thou. They walk around the house signing Christmas songs. I don't know what other kids would think of them if they saw them walking around signing them.

Oh I know what you can download that my boys love alot. "Yellow Snow". That is probably there fav.

Guest guest

this is a total newbie question.
I am really extra excited about the new mp3 option. My pc is also used by my 4yo, which would be a disaster if it was also running LOR.

How will the output happen on the new MP3 boards? I plan on getting a couple of outdoor speakers for my 2006 setup(my first). I expect more foot traffic than drive by.

Guest guest

Nealius wrote:

this is a total newbie question.
I am really extra excited about the new mp3 option. My pc is also used by my 4yo, which would be a disaster if it was also running LOR.

How will the output happen on the new MP3 boards? I plan on getting a couple of outdoor speakers for my 2006 setup(my first). I expect more foot traffic than drive by.

There will be a standard headphone style jack on the board. (I think it's a Line Out versus a volume controlled type jack.) You would then need to run this to your speakers/amplifiers.

Guest guest

You are correct Don, it is a line out 3.5mm audio jack for connecting to the line in on your amp or FM transmitter.

Guest guest

Thanks guys I figured there would be something.

Guest guest

LOOK OUT WORLD!! I GET A BONUS CHECK ON 3/3... LOR , and LED'S are on my HIT LIST...

Guest guest

if LOR goes to retailors is any body got IL?

my parents wont let me buy any thing i cant pick up

like a cash & carry sort of deal

they just dont want me geting ripped off.

Guest guest

light man wrote:

if LOR goes to retailors is any body got IL?

my parents wont let me buy any thing i cant pick up

like a cash & carry sort of deal

they just dont want me geting ripped off.

LOR does not have any retail locations.

Guest guest

I am sure that all of us who have dealt with Light O Rama and Dan and Mary can assure you that there is absolutely no danger in your getting ripped off. Dan and Mary are the top of the line in integrity, honesty, and good old fashioned customer support in all of their dealings. If I was to rate them on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest, they would get at least a 20 in my book. There are many satisfied LOR users on this board who would say the same. Tell your parents to check out this board and see the glowing reports that all have given them.

ABSOLUTELY NO DANGER OF YOU GETTING RIPPED OFF>

Marilyn

Guest guest

Trust us young man - being ripped off is the last thing your parents should worry about with Dan at LOR - come on mom and dad let him but the darn thing and have some fun!

Glenn :X

Guest guest

maby a graduation gift ?:)

well i got my wireless transmitter together and my dad told my mom why i did that and she didn't say what she usually says

"when you get your own house i don't care what you do"

but hopefully the april sale will change their minds

(if i had only joined this site before christmas

Guest guest

Better yet, have your parents read through many of Dan's posts where he has DEMONSTRATED his integrity by allowing others to return products, send them paid envelopes for the return, or when he tells us when things are going on sale or if there are going to be significant price changes (i.e. next version of LOR software). I have been most impressed with how Dan's does business.

His ACTIONS have spoken louder than words.

Brian

Guest guest

Add me to that list of people that will vouch for LOR. Feel free to have your parents send me and email. I'd be glad to answer questions they might have.

Guest guest

well thanks every body its either lor or a trip to disneyworld to see their christmas lights.

and i picked lor because my parents said that they wouldn't leave the "house all wired up" as they like to call it, because we would be in flordia

hopefully they will pitch in the rest of the money when the sale comes cuz it wont be a millon trillon dollers:smile: hopefully?

also am i going to get somthing in the mail about the sale cuz i think that would take away any fear.

thanks don but my parents dont really know how to use computers that well. LOL

Guest guest

Ok, so this will be my first year to buy LOR. I am proud to say it, I am a Newbie! What I am wondering is, being my first time, should just get the 8 channel or get the 16 channel system? I just don't want my head to explode with all the new excitement for Christmas.

Please guide me, oh Guru's of the LOR!!!

Guest guest

matt tyndall wrote:

Ok, so this will be my first year to buy LOR. I am proud to say it, I am a Newbie! What I am wondering is, being my first time, should just get the 8 channel or get the 16 channel system? I just don't want my head to explode with all the new excitement for Christmas.

Your head is going to explode anyway :laughing: with LOR so you might as well get the 16 channel :].

Tom

Guest guest

Santas Helper wrote:

Your head is going to explode anyway :laughing: with LOR so you might as well get the 16 channel :].

Tom

Matt

Tom means this in a good way.

glenn

Guest guest

matt tyndall wrote:

Hey Matt,

Go with 16 channels...you are going to want more once the hook sinks in. The more you have the more you can do. If you just go with the 16 channels you can make it look like you have 32 channels by connecting 16 items on each half of the yard. But make sure you don't overload the box. It can be done.

Your first year will probably the one you will remember most.

Guest guest

glenn wrote:

Santas Helper wrote:

Tom

Matt

Tom means this in a good way.

glenn

Glenn is right. I meant that in a very good way. Heck my head has exploded so many times, it doesn't hurt any more :laughing:.

Oh, once you get one controller, you'll wish you ordered 2. I promise ya that.

Tom

Guest guest

Oh yeah, I took that it in a good way. I can handle a head explosion. I just don't think I can handle my wife if I tell her "Hey, I bought 2 of these nifty, neato, new toys!" I think I can get by with the 16 channels though. I'll just tell her I'm saving money. You know, order more channels, get a cheaper rate!!

Guest guest

matt tyndall wrote:

nifty, neato, new toys!"

Toys? Toys? My, how you underestimate the power of LOR. :laughing:

Guest guest

matt tyndall wrote:

" I think I can get by with the 16 channels though. I'll just tell her I'm saving money. You know, order more channels, get a cheaper rate!!

You're catching on!!!!!!!!

Believe me, You'll never have enough channels!

Have fun and welcome to the BRIGHT-FLASHY-BLINKY-SYNCHRONIZED TO MUSIC-INCREDIBLY FUN SIDE!:)

Guest guest

I'm currently considering Light o Rama. I have a few questions.

Will most of the new controllers be available in April?

How will the cost of the new LOR products compare with the current products? Will there be a significant price difference?

Guest guest

tkhowse wrote:

I'm currently considering Light o Rama. I have a few questions.

Will most of the new controllers be available in April?

How will the cost of the new LOR products compare with the current products? Will there be a significant price difference?

The answers to your questions can be found here.

Guest guest

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this or not. With the new protocol coming out, will we need to resequence all of our present shows, or will they still run with LORII?