Light-O-Rama Forums

Light-O-Rama in 2006

Guest guest

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

I believe Tim fischer does this with Amazon. I know he does not make much, but enough to support his website I think he said. Course this would be more work for your lawyers. Hopefully we will know all about the particulars of the dealer and affiliate plan by the first part of may or so. Good job with all your new things coming out this year dan!!!!

Not enough to support my new web site, unfortunately. But I do like being able to pay myself commission when I order my own stuff from Amazon :laughing:.

For what it's worth I'd be interested in being an affiliate as well. I get a lot of people emailing me with LOR questions and I've kinda felt like the unofficial tech support guy for 3 years now(Don's really helped relieve me with his excellent FAQ...)

If you need more info on how the amazon program works PM me and I'll send you some info.

-Tim

P.S. Somehow I missed this whole thread until today. Man I'm slipping... VERY cool news though.

A year is 12 months. Divide that by 4. This divides the year into 'quarters'. The first 3 months are the first quarter, the second 3 months are the second quarter, etc.

So:

Jan-Mar - 1st Quarter

Apr-Jun - 2nd Quarter

Jul-Sep - 3rd Quarter

Oct-Dec - 4th Quarter

cbromley wrote:

A year is 12 months. Divide that by 4. This divides the year into 'quarters'. The first 3 months are the first quarter, the second 3 months are the second quarter, etc.

So:

Jan-Mar - 1st Quarter

Apr-Jun - 2nd Quarter

Jul-Sep - 3rd Quarter

Oct-Dec - 4th Quarter

Many businesses use June 30 as their fiscal year. I'm not sure what LOR uses, but most places I worked had June 30 to end Q4.

Thus:

end Q1= Sept 30th.

end Q2= Last work day before Christmas Eve, (who does anything constructive at work between Christmas Eve and New Year's anyway?) [Added to keep this Christmas related]

end Q3= Mar. 31st.

Thus, when we say our new designs will be ready for Q2, it really means right before Christmas.

I'm anxiously awaiting my tax return...have the software up and running setting up sequences for the 4th of July, Halloween and of course Christmas. Anyone have any ideas of what I really need to get this year? (This is my first run at the stuff and only have enough $$$ for one controller)

Troy

Steven Singleton Jr. wrote:

Check out Off Season for many type of ideas, and you CAN use Christmas lights for those displays as well, after all they just are lights right?

Thaaaaaat's Riiiiiiiight Steven,

If all goes as planned, I have several seasons including Christmas lights and such for the spring, summer, fall and Christmas.

I might change a few strands to maybe orange and purple during Halloween and maybe red, white and blue for July 4th. Add some eerie fog and such for Halloween. A light show is a light show either way you look at it and no matter what season.

This is why it is so beneficial to keep in touch with this chatboard.

Tom

Same types of lights...just red white and blue color for the 4th and orange and purple for halloween on the regular string lights....I'm making a few yellow lighted fireworks looking props and a flag one too....for halloween, I'm making tombstones that individually light up and a sillhouette ghost for each of my windows that'll be backlit.

• 2 weeks later...

RobertB wrote:

Do you know price range on the the 16 channel DIY kit yet?

:smilingelf:

Robert

Hi,

The price for the CTB16D kit ( with all parts including heatsinks ) will be in the $139 price range ( Now I am not comitting to that price but it is in the ball park )

can anyone help me understand (better) how i would use and benifit with the mp3 player rather than my pc? if it had an audio out jack for fm trasmitter or speakers arnt most controllers outdoors and how would i use a fm trans with this? also arn't we still going to have to do our own musical sequencing? any help would be appreciated!

joe denny wrote:

can anyone help me understand (better) how i would use and benifit with the mp3 player rather than my pc? if it had an audio out jack for fm trasmitter or speakers arnt most controllers outdoors and how would i use a fm trans with this? also arn't we still going to have to do our own musical sequencing? any help would be appreciated!

Joe,

The main benefit of the MP3 director is that it frees up your computer if you do not want to tie it up for 4 to 6 weeks.

The MP3 player will have an audio out that plugs into the transmitter. If you are going to use outdoor speakers then the easiest way to do this is to use an Fm receiver and tune it to the station (freq.) you selected.

Yes you have to do your own musical sequencing and then download it and your show, mp3 and schedule file to the media card in the mp3 player.

What's the scoop on the April sale? Should I just buy 1 controller to play with now and wait for the rest? Will all products showtime/hobbist/diy be on sale?

Charlie (Currently wanting 80 channels :])

CharlieAirey wrote:

What's the scoop on the April sale? Should I just buy 1 controller to play with now and wait for the rest? Will all products showtime/hobbist/diy be on sale?

Charlie (Currently wanting 80 channels :])

Showtime and Hobbyist controllers and the Kits will be on sale. Software will not be on sale.

nanac1 wrote:

When the kits show up will there also be quantity discounts like you currently have on the hobbyist and showtime products at 2, 5, and 10 units?

Marilyn
Not sure... but probably one price break at 3 units.