Light-O-Rama Forums

Music Format ...

Guest guest

I used MIDI this year which was great because the MIDI tapper created perfect event timings and I had the sheet music and could precisely identify what I wanted the various notes to do. Such won't be the case next year ... new show, new songs.

So I'm looking at WAV/MP3 and from what I've read in the forum it appears that WAV is somewhat preferred over MP3. Doesn't make much difference to me, and I'll use whichever is better.

Then I recently found (in the Windows Media Player) WMA which is "mathematically lossless" and that seems like a good thing.

WMA isn't support in the current LOR (I assume because WMA didn't exist then).

I'm "auditioning" various CDs now to get my song list in order (and maybe edit down the long ones).

Is it reasonable to think WMA may be supported in LOR II, and would this be the preferred format of all the possibilities?

WMA is supported today. Unfortunatly you cannot see those files when you try to select a file so you need to type "*.wma" in the file name box (without the quotes, followed by a return key) to actually see the files.

Thanks Dan. I tried to create a new musical sequence with a WMA file and got an error message. (Tried to avoid posting a question I could answer myself).

No worries ... as long as WMA is/will be supported that's about all I need to know so I can collect the songs I want to use and get them edited for length.

Would it be true to say that of all the formats available, WMA would be the best choice because of it's performance in the Media Player and in theory being loss-less?