Light-O-Rama Forums

lor 1602 controller channel 7 staying on

Doug B

well it figures unit was working great yesterday . Today channel 7 wont turn off shimmer twinkle or fade in either direction Updated firmware still no change hardware utility cannot fix either any suggestions would be appreciated

I had this problem happen last year when my floods blew out a channel during my show. Like Jeff said, it was the Triac that blew out. I was using all of my 80 channels so ended up putting two different drums in my display on the same channel since they were using two channels and was able to get my floods working again.

After I took the display down, I shipped the controller back to LOR and they fixed it.

The lesson I learned is to try and leave 1 or 2 channels open for spares. This way if you have this problem happen during your display, you can reassign it to one of your spares and be back up and running.

Did something "bad" happen on that channel, e.g. extension cord/lights shorting out, flood bulb failing spectacularly, etc?

Is that channel overloaded?

-Tim

I actually had a string of 25 c7 lights on and then in the middle of a test show the channel just stayed on ,no shorts in any wires . I guess it is what jeffmillard and rihardh said thaT a triac went . I emailed LOR customer service & dan had me try to reset N/G since I bought it 11 months ago he said he wiill ship out another controller and for me to send back the one that s not working

that is awesome customer service

thank you too everyone who responded