Light-O-Rama Forums

CMB24D

BlackwolfK9

As I don't have a firm grasp on RGB's, dumb or otherwise. Yet ( operative word being YET) I was looking for a simplified answer to how many RGB floods can operate independently of one another utilizing this board. Whilst attempting to avoid a lengthy and probably opinion biased discussion on how many TOTAL RGB floods can run given the design parameters of the CMB24D board.

Ken, was kind enough to answer that "fer us simple minded folk"

I want to know what is the difference between independent versus ? Floods.  Here all along I thought an RGB flood, is a RGB flood. I must have missed something.

There was another thread that discussed running RGB floods in parallel from a CMB24D and it may have been confusing for some people.

So eliminating a parallel or ganged configuration, it seems an independent RGB flood was needed for clarification.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i was looking for boxes to enclose my boards in... have you all got some good suggestions where to get some appropriate plastic controller boxes for the cmb24d

thanks

slick_jerry

There was another thread that discussed running RGB floods in parallel from a CMB24D and it may have been confusing for some people.

So eliminating a parallel or ganged configuration, it seems an independent RGB flood was needed for clarification.

Ok, I see how this term came about. I was not aware of the thread you speak of Ken and to see it used, kind of had me going WTHeck?

Can you take 2 10W RGB  floods and wire them in to the same terminals, ie: 2 floods on one rgb channel.

• Like 1

I have the same question (need) - I am running 340 watts and would like to put 16 10w LOR floods on one board.

Can you take 2 10W RGB  floods and wire them in to the same terminals, ie: 2 floods on one rgb channel.

If you are using one of the LOR 12VDC power supplies ...

20Watts * 12 Volts = 1.66 Amps - The CMB24D would support that. 

I have the same question (need) - I am running 340 watts and would like to put 16 10w LOR floods on one board.

340 watt power supply? What voltage? 

I'm actually using a repurposed PC 350W Power supply.

The output voltage of the power supply will matter. Take a look at this calculator. You'll note that you need at least two values (Watts, Amps, Volts, Resistance) in order to get a proper calculation. 

Thus 16, 10 watts floods would only be 160 watts. If you have a 12 volt power supply then you will only be pulling 13.3 amps total. Remember, though, that you have two sides of the board to supply power to.

340 watt power supply? What voltage? 

12V DC

It's actually a 360W when I look at it again - so pushing 30A

• The topic was locked