Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB - Where to buy?

jeff.francis84

Newbie Alert :)

Where's everyone buying RGB LED Strands, strips, floods, etc?  Is making my own extensions for the RGB lights easy?  Does it involve soldering?  Anyone leaving RGB strips up all year?  If so, how are they holding up specifically with UV?  Thinking about leaving some up all year but only in area's that are under eaves and not in direct sunlight all day.    

Thanks and Merry Christmas All.

Jeff 

Lightorama sells them.  I don't think it's polite to refer people elsewhere on a vendor-hosted forum.

If someone has helped you out on the forums who is a LOR partner, it would probably be nice to throw some business their way. Just my 2c. I can imagine LOR will get their cut anyway.

If someone has helped you out on the forums who is a LOR partner, it would probably be nice to throw some business their way. Just my 2c. I can imagine LOR will get their cut anyway.

I agree.  I was talking about non-LOR-product sources, like the guy who's name is something like Faye Blue lol

what is 2C ?

So many people use Faye Blue but I'm going to jump into rgb for 2014 full hog and I can't imagine not having a warranty. I had a flood from LOR go bad and I already through out the invoice and email. They sent me a new one with minimal emails and a return label to send back the damaged one. Buying direct from china may seem like a cost savings but when you hear about pixels dying and the wait time and shipping costs and having to buy extra just because failure is expected, the us sellers, especially LOR are the way to go. There's my $0.02. Lol

This an LOR forum so I'm not sure how off the LOR path we can go but check out the ACL and other forums that have lots of info on diy applications. There's lots of info out there and several US based vendors