Light-O-Rama Forums

Sandevices PS1 and Ray Wu Pixels random twinkles

csimmon5

I have a 12V Sandevices PS1 connected to Ray Wu WS2811 50ct pixel node strings.  I am getting random pixels coming on and off during down sections of the show.  During active times of the show when the pixels are supposed to be on, they perform perfectly but during down times, a random single pixel will flash on and off briefly.  Anybody else have this happening or have any ideas on why this could be happening?  Thanks

Sounds like noise issues

:/ ... didn't think about that but it makes sense... any easy solutions... rerouting the cable isn't much of an option :/

I have the color red that burns on in random places and is turned off when another sequence turns on to remove it, very frustrating, my solution to this was to change the color red to magenta, and it totally worked, but I wish there was a solution to keep red in it.

I have the color red that burns on in random places and is turned off when another sequence turns on to remove it, very frustrating, my solution to this was to change the color red to magenta, and it totally worked, but I wish there was a solution to keep red in it.

That would be frustrating....mine is just totally random and only in down times

I had this very same thing with a blue pixel.. but only one... If it called for white or blue it was on full and would not dim.  Another color without blue would turn it off, or just no color would turn it off.  My solution was to replace it. 

There was another sequence with green and I changed the color to a real light green and it solved that problem. I have no clue why this is. I sometimes wish that I would have purchased the cosmic ribbons instead, because it also seems I am sacrificing 500k speed.