Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitting MP3s when your show is NOT on

FBW4

FBW4 wrote:

Working on it for February 08-
Will let everyone know!
R

I was wondering if you ever got around to making a more updated version with shuffle, etc. I had planned on using the program again this season and some of those new features would really be helpful!

• 4 weeks later...

I just made an mp3 that contains a voice over some music. I explain what the show is, what time it starts/stops, dont forget to donate to the charity, etc, etc.. I made a sequence with that file thats just blank (no lights), then I made a show with it and I have it run whenever the real show is not scheduled. Its all automatic that way.....

Is that what you guys are talking about ?

OK- the work is almost done and we are testing it as we speak. Here is a list of the features that look like they will make the next version cut.

MP3 Scheduler

1 END TIME
-- instead of ending the play based on a duration of play, it will end at a set end time
with the option to end immediately, or end at the end of the current song being
played when the end time is reached

2 Multiple file selection:
-- When adding songs to the play-list, it will let you select multiple files to add
-- Adds option to add the entire directory

3 MU3 play-list compatibility:
-- It will use your existing Mu3 (win-amp style) play-lists
-- Allow for Multiple Songs Plays List

4 Enable Unlimited Scheduling
-- There is a need for unlimited start and stops

5 Rotate Voice feature:
-- For each of the Schedules above, add feature to Place another voice on top of the play, reducing the volume of the currently playing item and play the voice over item

6 File type additions:
-- planning on adding .wav format for playback as well as a few other types the engine we use can play. Last version handled mp3 only.

7 Keep Existing Data:
-- All the previous upgrades would kill the current play-list since the play-list was created within the application and could not be saved. That will not occur any longer.

8 Restart or Continue
--When stopping and restarting the schedule, allows the user to choose from starting at the beginning or starting where it left off.

9 Up/Down
--Allows the user to have the option of using some up/down buttons when adding
tracks so a newly added track at the bottom of the Play List can be raised up in
position on the Play List to be at any position (or a track can be lowered to any
position).

10 Highlight Current Song in Play List
--When stopping and restarting the schedule, allows the user to choose from starting
at the beginning or starting where it left off.
--If the Song is in the bottom of the current scroll move to the top so, next song can
be seen

11 Add Track Buttons
--Gives the user a "Skip to next track" button when the music is playing and
some additional track commands (forward, back, pause, etc.)

12 Other Items
--Ability to shuffle songs within the play list
--Progress Bar
--Volume control
--The currently playing track name will currently overwrite the top of the "Schedule
Start" button if the name of the track is long enough.

So as you can see, there is a pretty big upgrade planned for September 08.
Also, I will sell it (price undecided at this time) instead of the beta test program we had at first. Of course, all the original Beta testers will get the new version free.

So you now have the inside scoop.

Rusty

• 3 months later...

It has been sent to all listed Beta users as of last week. If you did not get it (and I DID have email bounces) please send me an email from your new account with the email address you used when you signed up for the beta.
Thanks-
Rusty

• 2 weeks later...

You can also use a program called StartWatch with Windows Media Player or any music program of your choice. I use Ots DJ, it mixes everything like a radio station and you can add your own sweepers, voice overs and plugins on a timed interval within Ots DJ.