Light-O-Rama Forums

Transmitting MP3s when your show is NOT on

FBW4

I have a Ramsey FM100B and want to be able to broadcast all the time my LOR show is not on but make sure the music I am broadcasting does not interfere with my LOR show scheduler. That way, even when I am not there, the shows will ALL start correctly without the MP3 blaring over the top of it.

I had a program made so when my show is dark, I am still broadcasting my Christmas music and announcements.

What you do is ADD songs to the playlist (only one playlist supported at this time) You can mix your mp3 voice overs like announcements in with it.

THen you can select weekly (or daily or monthly) schedule and tell it when to play the playlist. It works on your system clock and shuts off after the duration to the minute.

That way, you can have your FM transmitter playing all the time without manually having to mess with it. The way I have it set right now is to have it play Christmas music until my show starts then it stops for my show and them comes back on after my show.

Dont worry if your playlist is short, it restarts at the beginning after it has gone through it in order.

I am asking $5 for it so I can offset my development costs and get the version 2.0 with more features- that you can all ask for- and get the upgrade for free when I do it.

Is that fair enough!? Let me know.

Paypal me the $5 and I will email the installer to you. It REQUIRES at least .net 2.0 and uses direct x.

Rusty@fbwalker.com
mp3scheduler.jpg
Thanks-
Rusty

The software does not add songs with apostrophes ( ' ) in the name to the playlist right now. I am working on a fix for that today. (along with the work I am SUPPOSED to get out for my boss)

In the meantime, simply rename things with apostrophes or wait a day or two to add those when I get a fix!

Thanks-
Rusty Walker

Thanks Chad. I am developing quite a list for release 2 of the software.
I plan to have it out Feb/Mar 09 and sell it for $29.

Anyone who gets this version and contributes to the feature list will get that for free when it comes out.

Thanks alot.

Rusty

Version 1.02 adds the correction for the playlist where you could not add files with apostrophes in the name.

This version will erase your previsous playlist. That is the only fix so if you do not need that feature, do not install.

Thanks-

V103 Posted to website for users and now allows most any file name I can throw at it. Version 2.0 is in works already and the feature list is at the PC Christmas radio forums.

Thanks all.

Rusty

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for everyone trying it out. Today is the last day I will accept new users until the upgrade comes out.

I am surprised at how many people are helping me out.

Thanks-

Rusty Walker

Sorry, without reading the entire post, I thought someone was asking a question. My response did not relate to this posting, so I deleted it. Again, my apologies.

• 2 weeks later...

I just use Windows Scheduler to close Winamp just before my show starts. The command is just "winamp.exe /close".

Then after the show ends, I have scheduler re-start Winamp with just a "winamp.exe" exceution. I have a free plugin for Winamp that has winamp start playing as soon as it's run. So I just have Winamp set to do a directory play list of some of my Christmas music.

The plugin is available here - http://www.nunzioweb.com/daz/timerestore.html

Ok, here's a feature request for the Feb 08 release:

I would like to have the player shuffle within the playlist, but play a specified mp3 file every so many songs.

For example, I have four promo.mp3 files that promote coming back to see the display. Right now, I have the playlist manually set up to play these every fourth song and rotate through the four of them.

I would like to be able to have the playlist shuffle, but still make certain the promos get played every 4th song (or however many selected) and not play the same promo twice in a row..

RobDaddy wrote:

When is a new vesion comming out? For future versions I would like to be able to edit my song list and create different play lists. Also more than 10 schedules would be a big help.

Rob,

Just curious... what do you do with so many schedules? I only have one and it starts when the show stops and stops before it starts again? Of course I run the same show schedule every day... I was just wondering how other people have this setup.

I have my show start at the top of the hour and bottom of the hour. The show lasts for about 13 minuted then has static lights until the next show starts. While the static lights are on I have MP3's playing. For example: LOR starts at 6:00:-6:13 the MP3 player starts at 6:13-6:29, then LOR starts at 6:30 and so on until 9pm. That had no issues but now I have so much traffic outside that I had to move the shows to run every 15 minutes. So LOR starts at 6:00-6:13, MP3 player starts at 6:13-6:15 and then LOR starts at 6:15 and so on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-j3ufjFk0U