Light-O-Rama Forums

CCP Issue with Com Ports

craigf

I added a mega tree this year to my display. I split my tree between two auxiliary networks,  4 CCP on one Aux and 5 on the other.  I went into Network Preferences, I think it's labeled, and raised the speed to 500K.  The three com ports were recognized.  Com 3 was the main, Com 4 Aux A and Com 5 Aux B.  When I controlled the lights from the Sequence Editor it only played Com 4, Aux A.  The main com and Aux B did not play.  I went back in thinking it was a speed issue, so I lowered the speed on all ports, when I did this, only the second controller under Com 4 lighted, but it was more of a morph between red and green and the whole strand did not light. I made some changes again to the com ports and tried again but got the same results.  I changed the Com Ports around and on the third attempt I got the Main network to run the LOR controllers, but nothing on Aux A or B....... Where am I going wrong?  How can I get all three Com Ports to play together? 

Did you changed the Visualization and tell it that you added Aux B and what controllers are on Aux B.

This is just a shot in the dark.

If you haven't. You need to change it and I think you will have to run the sequences with the changes in superstar (if that is where you created it and export it and reload into your sequence. I'm new at this myself. I know there will be others with more knowledge than me that might have an answer to this.

Did you remember to update the firmware for the ccp's & the Lor software? I can run a 12 ccr Matrix just on 1 port using Aux A & the other regular Lor controllers on the regular network. Then again I am using the Gen3mp3 Showtime director unit  As was mentioned above make sure your sequence in Superstar is set the same way (channel configuration), & when you export it make sure it is correct there too.

If you haven't. You need to change it and I think you will have to run the sequences with the changes in superstar (if that is where you created it and export it and reload into your sequence. I'm new at this myself. I know there will be others with more knowledge than me that might have an answer to this.

I have never run the visualization before. I have always programmed in seq editor and run the show in simple show builder. Any documents out on how to do that? My firmware is updated. 

Let me step back and start from the beginning....I have 5 LOR 16 channel controllers and 8 CCP controllers. They were all daisy chained and running from my main com port. The CCP's were at the end and it was choppy and sluggish. I was told I needed to separate into AUX networks and increase the speed.  I did that ran one test and the rest is where we are now.....

Did you remember to update the firmware for the ccp's & the Lor software? I can run a 12 ccr Matrix just on 1 port using Aux A & the other regular Lor controllers on the regular network. Then again I am using the Gen3mp3 Showtime director unit  As was mentioned above make sure your sequence in Superstar is set the same way (channel configuration), & when you export it make sure it is correct there too.

I have never run the visualization before. I have always programmed in seq editor and run the show in simple show builder. Any documents out on how to do that? My firmware is updated. 

Let me step back and start from the beginning....I have 5 LOR 16 channel controllers and 8 CCP controllers. They were all daisy chained and running from my main com port. The CCP's were at the end and it was choppy and sluggish. I was told I needed to separate into AUX networks and increase the speed.  I did that ran one test and the rest is where we are now.....

Check your CCP's in the sequence editor and see what the channels are from them. See if you have them on aux B. If not you will need to to change these one by one.

• The topic was locked