Light-O-Rama Forums

ELL works w/ HU but not w/ sequence editor

Shubb

I have 10 units 8 are cable connected, the 8th connects to a RF-V4 wireless unit.
Another RF-V4 connects to the last 2 units.
I can connect to all units with the wireless when I use the Hardware Utility.

But, when I close the Hardware Utility and open the sequence editor, I lose connection to the last 2 wireless units.

Anybody have a suggestion to what could be wrong???

Thanks,

Scott

Ok Standard Techie checklist:

1. What happens if you connect the transmitter directly to the pc, can you see the controllers on the other side of the link.

2. What happens if you reverse the position of the link units.

3. Do you get the same channel/config with the HU when you connect the units to the computer. ( Disconnect all the other controllers, then connect one unit to the pc with the adapter, repeat with the other unit)

4. What are the status lights doing on the units.

It seems like they work only when I run the Hardware Utility. I tried swapping transceivers and they work the same in either position. I updated the firmware, but no change.
They connect the same if they are connected directly to the USB485B adapter, or connected to a controller.
LED's flash as per the manual, once a second on #1, faster, dim flashing on #2, and rapid flashing when transmitting on #2.

As soon as I close the Hardware Utility to open sequence editor, I lose connection to the controllers connected to the wireless. The cable connected units still work fine, either in Hardware Utility or sequence editor.

Help!!!!

Scott

Shubb wrote:

LED's flash as per the manual, once a second on #1, faster, dim flashing on #2, and rapid flashing when transmitting on #2.

As soon as I close the Hardware Utility to open sequence editor, I lose connection to the controllers connected to the wireless. The cable connected units still work fine, either in Hardware Utility or sequence editor.

Help!!!!

Scott

So LED2 on the receiving side extinguishes as soon as the SE is started?

"Important Notes
Transceivers do not automatically detect the
network speed. If you change the RS485 network
speed of a transceiver using the Hardware Utility,
you must also do this in the Sequence Editor and/or
Show Player. If the PC’s or MP3 Director’s network
speed does not match the transceiver’s, the
transceiver will not recognize and therefore not
transmit LOR commands."

Does the speed selected in the HU match the speed selected in the Sequence Editor?

If you eliminate the ELL units and have everything direct connected, does the sequence play?

Thanks for your help Steppe Wolfe. I had read that in the manual, but didn't think I found it in the sequence editor. Under Preferences : Network Speed has 3 setting "Long Range" "Average" Short Range" I figured if it had to match the Hardware Utility it would be in the same number format.

After I switched it to "Average" it linked just like it should.
Thanks for your help.

Scott