Light-O-Rama Forums

Using multiple visualizations in SuperStar

jaanth

Hi,

I am new to using Super Star, I upgraded to handle some RGB ribbons and one CCP device that I purchased.  

As I have been reading the tutorial, I have been learning how much more it can do using visualizations. This year I have added two neighbor's houses to my display. The three houses do not fit into a single visualization. In the tutorial I saw reference to multiple "stages", but I have not been able to find further information on how to use them. Does multiple stages mean multiple visualizations? Would that allow me to work with each house separately and then bring them all together into a single sequence?  

Ideally, I would like to be able to coordinate effects between the houses. In the past I have done this with cut and paste in the sequence editor, but it appears that SuperStar will do a lot of this work for me.

Any advice, or links to additional reference material would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

Unfortunately you can only work with one Visualization at a time in SuperStar. If you cannot combine all the houses into one visualization then you will have to use copy/paste to combine them later on in the Sequence Editor. Sounds like this is what you have been doing in the past.

Which tutorial is it that mentions "stages" ?  You would think I would know, but it is not ringing a bell.

Brian,

Thank you for the quick reply and clarification.

Sorry my post was unclear, it is the Visualizer tutorial at http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/3.0.4/help/index.html?tutorial.htm that mentions stages. "You could also divide your stage up into several different Visualizer files for ease of use. For instance, you may want to use one for stage left, and a separate one for stage right."

Would a strategy to do this, be to create a separate sequence for each house, then load them as sub-sequences into one master?  I have not worked with sub sequences before, so I don't know if that is a good or bad idea. Just seems like it might be easier maintenance, and less problematic then always trying to cut and paste.  

My house has 120 channels plus the CCP, the neighbors have 8 & 16 channels, any strategies or best practice organization style to manage it all would be appreciated.

Jim

Ok, I thought you were referring to a video tutorial when you mentioned "stages". Now I see it is the visualizer tutorial.

You can combine your sequences using sub-sequences, but on some computers the subsequence will be out of synch, you can usually fix it by starting the subsequence a little later, but because of that problem I recommend using copy/paste. There is a video tutorial on this, go to the lightorama main page, click on "Support" then click on "Video Tutorials" the superstar tutorials are at the bottom. Look for "Getting SuperStar sequences into main sequences"