Light-O-Rama Forums

Cosmic Color Pixels sluggish

craigf

Just got back in town and initiated my show (set up a few weeks before leaving) but my CCP tree (new this year) is "sluggish".  It starts in sequence with the music, but by the end of the song, it's at least 15 seconds behind. Any suggestions on correcting this? I am running 8 CCP controllers for a total of 18 strings on an AUX network. Is this to many? 

Yes, I think it's too many.  Your running 2,400 channels for your CCP's, so you need to be running 500K. See post by DevMike here:

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/28612-network-speeds-and-channels/?p=267646

I'm was running 2,100 channels of CCB's at 500K, but it couldn't keep up with my sequences:

http://lightshow.franktronics.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/joy1.wmv

so I ended up with 2 500K networks to run my 7 trees. It runs fine now.

Ok I have bigger issues now.  I split my tree between two auxiliary networks,  4 CCP on one Aux and 5 on the other.  I went into Network Preferences, I think it's labeled, and raised the speed to 500K.  The three com ports were recognized.  Com 3 was the main, Com 4 Aux A and Com 5 Aux B.  When I controlled the lights from the Sequence Editor it only played Com 4, Aux A.  The main com and Aux B did not play.  I went back in thinking it was a speed issue, so I lowered the speed on all ports, when I did this, only the second controller under Com 4 lighted, but it was more of a morph between red and green and the whole strand did not light. I made some changes again to the com ports and tried again but got the same results.  I changed the Com Ports around and on the third attempt I got the Main network to run the LOR controllers, but nothing on Aux A or B....... Where am I going wrong?  How can I get all three Com Ports to play together? 

Sounds like things may not be configured the same in your network utility and the SE network configuration tool. Are your aux networks and the associated controllers configured the same in both locations? Once you confirm this I would open up the hardware utility and search for the controllers on each comm port individually to make sure everything is communicating

• The topic was locked