Light-O-Rama Forums
RoboticBrad

5 Gallon Buckets for LOR kits

I'm using 5 gallon buckets to weatherproof my LOR kits during my show, it seems to work well but I'm not quite sure what to do with all the green ground plugs. Do I leave them alone or connect them all together? I'm not an electrician but I'm thinking something needs to be done with them. Help!

-Brad

Not quite sure what you're referring to.  Post a pix.

Brad is referring to the green wire from the plugs which typically get connected to a metal box. But he is using kits/boards.

As for plastic, you don't attach it to the plastic because it's an insulator, not a conductor.

Don't worry about the green wire in plastic housings.

Actually, tie them all together, and anchor them, so that they can't come into contact with any of the other wiring.

• Like 1

I also use a 5 gallon bucket and simple bolt the 3 green grond wires with a single bolt to the Heat sink

Cut them off. Unless you have something that needs a ground. All plugs going to lights I have ever seen have only the two prongs, no 3rd. So, really it is a waste of time dealing with it. Just cut the suckers off and be done with it.

I use 2-conductor cables, plugs and sockets for my DIY cases. They are much less bulky.

I wouldn't cut them off if you have 3-prong female dongles, just tie them all together.  If you want to be really correct, bolt them to the heat sink.

• Like 1