Light-O-Rama Forums

3 channel dmx modules

allnjns

Hello All,

I have about 5 of the 3 channel dmx modules that I need to address and my dog decided that the cable I got from Holiday coro to address them looked tasty is there any other way to get these controllers the proper addresses? I would just order a new one but I need them to work this evening. Thank you all very much for any help you can give.

Hello All,

I have about 5 of the 3 channel dmx modules that I need to address and my dog decided that the cable I got from Holiday coro to address them looked tasty is there any other way to get these controllers the proper addresses? I would just order a new one but I need them to work this evening. Thank you all very much for any help you can give.

Put your location in your Profile and maybe somebody near you can help.

If you are in Sacramento, I have spare programming cables.

If you purchased within the past year or so...most likely they are V2. If they were the older V1 then you can program with LOR adapter. You can't read....just write.

• 1 month later...

Can we use the programming cable for the actual display or do I have to purchase a formal dongle and if so, the difference? On my desk, I somehow got it to work. Still not sure how but the HolidayCoro 3-Channel Controller with Power over Cat5 is working now in the sequence editor.

Can we use the programming cable for the actual display or do I have to purchase a formal dongle and if so, the difference? On my desk, I somehow got it to work. Still not sure how but the HolidayCoro 3-Channel Controller with Power over Cat5 is working now in the sequence editor.

I found the Holiday Coro dongle worked for 1 or 2 of the 3 channel controllers, but after that it was inconsistent. I then ordered one of the Holiday Coro Actidongle, which worked great! I had 30 of those 3 channel controllers working with the Actidongle.

Don't use the Programming Cable from HolidayCoro; you will have problems, guaranteed.

It's been discussed on the Forums for about two years and most everybody who used it had problems.

It wasn't designed for that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • The topic was locked