Light-O-Rama Forums

Display turn on day

Wayne K

Just thought I would throw this out and see when everyone is planning to turn there display on, or whether you are on now?I usually wait until the Friday or Saturday following Thanksgiving day. But with Thanksgiving a week late this year, I was curious what everybody was doing. I am almost thinking I will go live Wednesday night. I am running static tonight just to see if everything lit up for a couple of hours.

Wayne

I have a "thing" about not doing Christmas before Thanks giving.

So I will run my show the first time Thanksgiving day night.

New Years Eve is the last day I run it.  It starts coming down New Years day.

I've always turned the lights on Thanksgiving night.  But this year we will be at the Brother-N-Laws, so I will turn them on the 29th, just in case there are any gremlins that decide to show up.

Friday after Thanksgiving at 7:00. Having some family and friends over to watch. I have a secret light up sequence almost finished. Tried it out about 5 this morning and except for the 15 seconds I still need to sequence, it looked pretty good.

Thanksgiving night.  I always post on the web or tell my friend the show starts on Dec 1 -31st just in case there are any issues.  

Normally my wife doesn't let me turn it on until Dec 1. We're turning the show on for the first time this friday night and having about 30 people over to see if for the first time.

Was going to start thanksgiving night but, Had to push it back to Sat night. Do to bad weather & RGB pixel not working right. Show start 5pm & run to 2am until Jan. 5, 2014.

I decided to go live tonight instead of last night. Had them on again in static mode last night for a couple of hours to see if all my 40 + remade led strings would survive. All looks ok and I didn't see anything smoking.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone.

Thanks for all of the reply's. It is neat to see what everyone plans for.

Wayne

Did a "soft launch" last night to identify any technology or sequencing issues.  Found both.  Fixed both.  

Put out the Tune To sign this morning and now we're ready to go.

Good luck to everyone on a bright and problem-free season.

Tonight's the big night for me.  I don't know if I'm more excited or nervous.  This is my first year with LOR so the surprise potential problems will be actual surprises.  I've been playing the show during the middle of the day for the past 2 days testing to see if anything goes wrong.  So far just a couple strands half out that were easily fixed.  I've invited the whole neighborhood out to see the grand lighting.  Wish me luck.