Light-O-Rama Forums

My 4 new sequences for 2013

kneel999

Here are my 4 new sequences for this year. Working on a 5th I hope to have finished in a week or so.

www.valleycenterholidaylights.com

Wow, those are really good! Great mix of animations, morphs, and smooth effects. There is so much that is really good, but its funny, the thing that I get the most kick out of is the vibrato you put on the mouths of the singing characters. I haven't seen it done so well in any other Christmas animations.

Bravo!  

These are fantastic, and some of best examples I've seen to motivate me to do something with CCRs.

I'm going to need to show my family what can be done with an investment in CCRs next year.

Can't wait to see the next one, so please post it when you're ready.

Simply amazing! You've inspired me to do something special with my first mega tree, which I have the lights and materials for but haven't finalized the size. 

Can you tell me the dimensions of your tree?

Thank you

Scott

Simply amazing! You've inspired me to do something special with my first mega tree, which I have the lights and materials for but haven't finalized the size. 

Can you tell me the dimensions of your tree?

Thank you

Scott

It is approx. 16 1/2 feet tall to the bottom of the star. The star is 3' in diameter. The bottoms are spaced about 12" apart so about 11' wide at the bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

It is approx. 16 1/2 feet tall to the bottom of the star. The star is 3' in diameter. The bottoms are spaced about 12" apart so about 11' wide at the bottom.

Thank you for the details.

I noticed in your video you can't see the individual pixels from the LED strips and was curious if your strips were inside something that diffuses the light or if that's just the way it appears on video?

I was also curious what kind of lights you use on your star and how many are on the star?

I appreciate all of your help.

Scott

If you would like to cut down on the amount of work needed for a star I can recommend Brian B's star kit (if he still has some available).  My tree isn't quite as big as kneel999's yet the star kit made a difference in time and effort for me.  I don't mind building but I needed an advantage.

kneel999 continues to drain my bank account; I can't resist his great sequence work!

Thank you for the details.

I noticed in your video you can't see the individual pixels from the LED strips and was curious if your strips were inside something that diffuses the light or if that's just the way it appears on video?

I was also curious what kind of lights you use on your star and how many are on the star?

I appreciate all of your help.

Scott

Hi, Scott,

The strips are just normal CCR's from light-o-rama. It probably just came out that way in the videos.

On the star, first to quote avionics12, he is correct. It might be easier to get the star kit from Brian, I made my own for less but mine is a bit heavy and was a bit of labor. Brian's is lighter and very professional looking.  I had a piece of wood composite type material lying around that came on a pallet of laminate flooring and it sat out in the weather for like 2 years and never warped or changed at all so I decided it was weatherproof. I drew out the 6 concentric stars and then drilled probably several hundred holes just big enough to poke 5mm LED mini lights through snugly so I didn't have to glue them or anything. I don't remember how many lights it took. Some strings had a couple lights left over, some I could trim to size. The were also waterproof and dimmable, like these: http://www.holiday-light-express.com/5mm_LED_Christmas_Lights.php

Here is a couple of pictures of it.

DSCN2237.jpg

DSCN2242.jpg

DSCN2250.jpg

Kneel999, I really really wish you had sequences for 24 CCR's instead of 12.  You do a great job and have a knack for making use of Christmas classic songs.  Great!

Here are my 4 new sequences for this year. Working on a 5th I hope to have finished in a week or so.

www.valleycenterholidaylights.com

Kneel999, I really really wish you had sequences for 24 CCR's instead of 12.  You do a great job and have a knack for making use of Christmas classic songs.  Great!

Here is my 5th one to Sleigh Ride by Johnny Mathis:

This is really amazing.. You are a magician. Can you share the sequences and tips on how you made the tree.

This is really really super. Will apreciate.

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I had the money for 12 more CCR's !!

• 2 weeks later...