Light-O-Rama Forums

tracking is off during play back

petenice

I've been tring to due a new sequence both with the beat wizard and tapper wizard and in both cases when I play it back the beats are always about at least a tenth of a second off and of course more it goes into the song the more the beats are off. I have adjusted the bps rate and the tracking is still off. has anyone else had this problem. I don't have this problem with any of my old sequences this the ones I try to do now.

You say you've adjusted the bps rate ... are you doing this with Audacity? If so you want to make sure it's 128kbps.

What version of LOR Software are you using? Newer versions are doing this type of conversion for you in the background (if you select the option, that is.)

yes I am using audacity, and I have upgraded my sequencing software to the v3.10.6 advance. I still have the same problem. I was thinking it was my computer at first but if that was the case wouldn't all the sequences do the same when I play them.

If it's one song ... what song is it? The beat wizard does very well on songs that have the same time signature throughout. However if a song changes time signatures, then the beat wizard can sometimes have a problem.

none of my older sequences have that problem they all play just fine even the ones I did last year. the problem started this year and I have not been able to find an answer for it. the songs that i have tried so far are harlem shake, breakaway (kelly clarkson) and percolator. i downloaded the mp3 versions of them and converted them to 128 bps if they needed to be. still have the same problem. In using the tapper wizard I worked with the first 30 seconds of one songs ten seconds at a time. I would play it mark the beats, replay it and adjust the beats again. In each case the beats seem to stay about a tenth off. In looking at the screen I would have to set the beats a tenth back to the left, replay and it was still off one tenth to the left.

What happens if you take a song from last year, create a new sequence, and run the Beat Wizard through it? Do you get the same drifting?

(And, just my opinion, a .10 of a second isn't something I'd be worried about, be it for my home display or a commercial one.)

lol I agree but as the song plays on the the tracking get off more, espically with the beat wizard until the beats are compleatly off. i did manage to get one sequence close enough to where I was not stressing out. but it took me 2 weeks to even get it that close.

Did you forget to convert the new song to CBR Constant Bit Rate. That would effect the new song but not the old song. Also depending on how you are playing back the seq will matter also. In the Seq. ed. you have a lot of stuff that is taking up CPU time. Where as the show via the show and control panel runs faster. But What I do is turn off all of the graphics under the Play drop down. This lightens the load on the play back process.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think that Max has the solution.

I had a song when I first started that was NOT "CBR" and your issue sounds exactly like the ones I was having with that song.

Greg