Light-O-Rama Forums
DKomick

CCR Controllers and Cold Temperatures

At times the temperature outside will be -30 degrees. Do we need to protect the CCR controllers from the cold? If so, any ideas?

never had a problem with the controllers but i had several problems with the power supplys. a couple quit or were weak when it got real cold. bring them in,warm them up and they worked. i finally stuck a have dozen c-7 's in the tub with them and that solved the problem.  note that c-7's need to be on a constant power source.

Yes I had the same grief  Northern Alberta often see temps minus 30 Celsius  No issue with the ribbons but have to swap out power supplies  suggest you keep a couple spares on hand.  Great idea to run some c-7 in the tub with the power supply  thanks

I hope my power supplies last this season for sure & any season that follow. I have 12 ccr ribbons this year & they were rained on, freezing rained on, snowed on, & snowed on, & snowed on. 25cm one day, 25 more followed, & another 20cm I believe. Then the cold. I have 6 power supplies in 1 container & 6 in the other. Always powered on. Hoping they stay warm. I never thought of those being affected by the cold.