Light-O-Rama Forums

So close yet so far away, dang CCP's

oilmoney

New guy trying to make a sign out of 100 CCP's ( 2 strings ). Signs built, and when I test with the hardware utility I can only get one string to light up. I've been reading the programming and quickstart guides and I get the impression that I might need to assign unit id's for both strings??? Am I way off with this? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that.  I'm not trying to master programming these by this years show season, just want to get all 100 pixels flashing in unison and cycling through the color spectrum. If anyone has time to point me in the right direction or even a sequence I could just plug into the sequence editor for them I woud greatly appreciate it . ( already figured out how to do that with the CCR's , they look amazing! )  9 days to go live, can't wait, people in ft mac have driven by while I'm testing and have been parked on the street expecting a show already! Thanks in advance for reading this everyone!

Chad

New guy trying to make a sign out of 100 CCP's ( 2 strings ). Signs built, and when I test with the hardware utility I can only get one string to light up. I've been reading the programming and quickstart guides and I get the impression that I might need to assign unit id's for both strings??? Am I way off with this? I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that.  I'm not trying to master programming these by this years show season, just want to get all 100 pixels flashing in unison and cycling through the color spectrum. If anyone has time to point me in the right direction or even a sequence I could just plug into the sequence editor for them I woud greatly appreciate it . ( already figured out how to do that with the CCR's , they look amazing! )  9 days to go live, can't wait, people in ft mac have driven by while I'm testing and have been parked on the street expecting a show already! Thanks in advance for reading this everyone!

Chad

Chad, I am having the same issue... I assigned unit #, followed screwed up directions as best as I could and only one string lights up during the testing mode.  I noticed that you had your "eureka moment", so I am guessing you figured out what went wrong.  Could you please share this with me before they drag me to the loony bin?  Your prompt response to my request will be greatly appreciated!  Abby Normal

channels 1-160 i think are for the first string, 161 to 320 are for the second string. Use the quick start guide and apply that to the 161-320 group of numbers. Hope this helps!

• Like 1

I am using mine for a star and they are awsome!

Need to tweek a few squences to take avantage.

I bought one of those 6ch stars from superstarlights. Very happy with it, I made a "happy holidays" sign with my CCP's. I still have one string of CCP's, I think I'll just use them as normal decorations this year

• The topic was locked