Light-O-Rama Forums

mini tree advice or opinons

bhunt240

Wanting tips or pointers on wrapping my mini trees theyr 24" tall and 13" around at the base I built them from 1/4" steel round rod

20131121_173020.jpg

I have 200 lights wrapped around this one and its not even 1/4 way done

20131121_173026.jpg

I want them bright and full looking similar to the guys trees in this video

Thanks for any tips guys

LOL :lol:

Sorry dude, although a head banging lightshow, I didn't see where you went with the first thread and then to the video.

BUT I am a Dio fan ;)

Well the first thread was more so about the fire sticks amd now that im started on my mini trees im having second thoughts about how I want to wrap them

I'm talkin about the first post on THIS thread, about mini trees. Then I saw the video which I wasn't for sure what to think of that when related to the first post of this thread.

I myself would loosen up on the tight winding and spread out those lights a little. That's just me though.

I had to use wire ties on my mini trees to keep the wires spread out on the cone shape - lots of wire ties.  I love all of the metal videos!  I keep meaning to sequence Ministry's "No W" but I have never had enough time to get it done. 

Well the guy just got back with me via emal and his fire sticks and the trees are all coro plast and tons of holes drilled... so not 3d but super uniform looking and bright doubt ill be trying that this year but I did get the trees done finally and pretty full looking ill post a picture tomorrow

You do not need to wrap the lights so tight.

I have a total of 400 lights on my minis.  200 white and 200 red and they look fantastic.

Over time, the small current leakage through the metal frame will cause the GFIs to trip; next year mount them on PVC or wooden stakes.

See: http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/18897-gfi-tripping/

Other than that, great start on your display and post some videos of the final result.

This is my first year with LOR and I was looking for something different for mini trees. I have a small yard and went with 10 Holidaycoro Hexa Tree Jr. I posted a link of the test. I used 2 CMB24D

http://youtu.be/k45mCan-w0c

This is my first year with LOR and I was looking for something different for mini trees. I have a small yard and went with 10 Holidaycoro Hexa Tree Jr. I posted a link of the test. I used 2 CMB24D

http://youtu.be/k45mCan-w0c

It's marked as private. Change it and we can see it.