Light-O-Rama Forums

10W LED RGB Floods on my Mega Tree and the Mega Arch

Santas Helper

So, Tom, I'm sure you've posted somewhere as to which floods you're using. I've been so busy with my display, I haven't been on here much in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

That being said, What kind of floods are you using. I was thinking about using floods next year. I have some studying up to do, but my first thought was to try out the new LOR floods. I saw them at the Christmas Expo in June, but the room was lit and couldn't really get the full effect.

If these are the LOR floods, then my search is done before I start.

Thanks,

Ron

So, Tom, I'm sure you've posted somewhere as to which floods you're using. I've been so busy with my display, I haven't been on here much in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

That being said, What kind of floods are you using. I was thinking about using floods next year. I have some studying up to do, but my first thought was to try out the new LOR floods. I saw them at the Christmas Expo in June, but the room was lit and couldn't really get the full effect.

If these are the LOR floods, then my search is done before I start.

Thanks,

Ron

Hacked Ebay RGB floods.

Hacked Ebay RGB floods.

Thanks  for stepping in Jim.

Yep $18 each with free shipping too. :)

And thank you to other's comments.

While still in the testing phase, we will see how they (and cat5 connectors) hold up to moisture and such this holiday season.

IF they hold up well, I have future plans for more. ;)

Looks great! WOW DO YOU HAVE A BUCKET OF SUNGLASSES BY THE ROAD? Ooops sorry for the caps

Papa

Hey Papa,

I have a sign just before my house that says, "Warning, PPE (personal protective equipment) required beyond this point". J/K  :P

Actually, from the road, it's not THAT bright but they do have a nice glare with each color/flood.

I've got concealed 20W white leds in my icicles and two 100W white leds lighting up the canopy of my giant Maples.  :ph34r:  B)

I would like to see a pic of how those show up please. :)

I was wondering about the higher watters.

Click on the pic. it's a link to the video on Photobucket. A couple more test videos on there too.

Enjoy.

Tom,

First thing the floods look awesome.

I also love the sequencing that you did to this song.

Great job.

Joe

Tom,

First thing the floods look awesome.

I also love the sequencing that you did to this song.

Great job.

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Actually and to be honest, the timing points of that sequence came from Don Gillespie. But still tweaking it myself for about 6 hours to change effects it to my set-up.

I would like to see a pic of how those show up please. :)

I was wondering about the higher watters.

The camera won't catch the intensity correctly.  A 100W white led is about the same in intensity and color of a mercury vapor light.  A 100W RGB led will be about 1/3 to 1/2 as bright as a 100w white led.  My 20W white leds should be 2-3x brighter than your 10w rgb floods.

Hope this helps, it's too darn cold out to be taking pics and video right now.

• The topic was locked