Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II ? will it be out soon or not?

imfsimm

Dan, Just tell us already!

We are all chomping at the bit. I had to ask!

Some of us want it before Halloween. (that would be me) This Saturday would be nice. Will it make it or not?

Most of us want it long before the day after Thanksgiving when we go live, will it make by then?

There is way to much tension in this group. Or maybe its just me, but I can feel the tension in the air.

I mean really, is it a document thing? we don't care! (Thats just the Manufactures way of doing it. :P Is it a Rewrite! we might care then!

Tim :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tim Fischer

• Robin

• marksanctuary

• johnny christmas

If you had to assume the software would be out by mid November, you would be risking your display if you are waiting for LORII .

As Daniel said, I would prepare using LORI and if LORII makes it out this year, then happy days for us. But I would not wait for the software and I would not assume it will come out this year.

But, I could be wrong and will hopefully be wrong.

Too late for me now. There is no way I would use it unless I had been using it in beta and was VERY familiar with it.

I actualy dont care any longer if it makes it until Jan 1- Just me though. I NEVER use anything that is mision critical that is NEW. And planning on having the show up Thanksgiving it makes it a done deal for me. (HOW many days is that from now?)

I would probably look at it if it was released and maybe oogle at the features I thought I would have for this year but I wouldnt use it till next year.

RW

I plan on using LOR 1 this year. I stink at sequencing, hopefully I can do better with LOR2. When it comes out this year, I will play with it but use LOR1 for my show.

Michael B

At this point I'm going to use LOR I as well this year. It's really to late (for me) to take advantage of any new sequencing features as I've already finished with this years show.

-Patrick

if anyones noticed, the people at LOR dont reply to these questions anymore...theyve stated that it will be out when they are ready to put it out, and dont worry, theyll post a thread announcing it as soon as its available...how many threads does this make asking about its release?

Ready ACTION:

Que the Beta tester.

Beta Tester: "It will be worth the wait".

Slowly the Beta Tester walks off the set where we see the former software programmer in the distance. As the music rises the programmer makes his way to the front and states in a gruff voice.

Former software programmer: "If you don't like it, start programing your own software".

Suddenly a head pops out from behind the former software programmer. It is none other than Sheriff member who in a soft but firm voice says.

Sheriff member: "All right y'all. Whats seem to be the trouble here. Y'all just need to calm down and get back to work. There's nothing to see here."

OK, let me have it................ I'm ready. ;)

:dude:

people just have to realize its NOT going to be ready for your 07 display...it took me 14 weeks of free time to do 30 minutes of music plus time here and there to add and change things as i saw fit
just accept it...itll be out for 08 (maybe)

(DCook: Now that's funny ...!!!)

Could you work in a part fo the "Warden"

"What we have here is failure to communicate."

And a Priest, a la Father Merrin from the Exorcist:

"Especially important is the warning to avoid conversations with the demon. We may ask what is relevant but anything beyond that is dangerous."

Oh, and just a little Homer and Lisa Simpson:

Lisa: Dad, don't you think you're overreacting?

Homer: Don't you think you're *under*reacting?

Lisa: This conversation is over.

Homer: This conversation is *under*.

Lisa: Goodbye.

Homer: *bad*bye

... Okay, now I have to go back to managing my time better.

T.

Hey lighten up a little. I have never seen such a bunch.

Listen I know it is late but I remember a software program that came out last year that had some major flaws. Why did it come out early? Well to beat LOR II of course.

Program with LOR I then whe II comes out you can do some tweaking that should make your current sequences even better.

But until then why not just lighten up and get everything else ready. You will have plenty of time to work on the sequences. I know every year I am still making a change or two to each song after my display is up and running. I am sure this year will be no different.

Oh and for the record, I seldom start sequencing until about mid August. Yes it takes me 4-6 hours a minute and I have about 30 minutes of music and five minutes of voice overs (if that).

Oh and ask yourself this, do you want a smooth transition from LORI to LORII or do you want to have problems you can not handle?

Guest wbottomley

Robin wrote:

Listen I know it is late but I remember a software program that came out last year that had some major flaws. Why did it come out early? Well to beat LOR II of course.

Program with LOR I then whe II comes out you can do some tweaking that should make your current sequences even better.

But until then why not just lighten up and get everything else ready. You will have plenty of time to work on the sequences. I know every year I am still making a change or two to each song after my display is up and running. I am sure this year will be no different.

Oh and for the record, I seldom start sequencing until about mid August. Yes it takes me 4-6 hours a minute and I have about 30 minutes of music and five minutes of voice overs (if that).

Oh and ask yourself this, do you want a smooth transition from LORI to LORII or do you want to have problems you can not handle?

Thank you Robin!

You guys are funny; I am a fellow software designer for 15 years now and I fully understand the reasons for slipping a schedule. It does not bother me one bit and I am happy using the current version. I believe that the guys will have it by Thanksgiving some time.

Robin wrote:

Oh and for the record, I seldom start sequencing until about mid August.

I seldom start until late September, which then causes me mass panic and great consternation for not starting earlier ;). You'd think I'd learn better after 5 years of doing this stuff..

-Tim

Robin wrote:

DANG it!!

You weren't suppose to give away the sequel information for "Beta Tester" part.

Now it won't be a surprise anymore.

:dude: