Light-O-Rama Forums
testraub

Odd Problem

Okay, I open the HW utility hit refresh and 6 of my 7 controllers show up (number 3 does not). But if I put the controller number in the box to the right of the refresh button, the controller works. I have reset the controller, but this is still happening. Haven't tried running a sequence since most of the lights on that controller aren't hooked up where they can be seen easily during the day. Any ideas before I start a trouble ticket?

Tom Straub

It was working fine the day before.  Going to swap out the comm chip and see what happens. 

Well that didn't work either.  Opening a trouble ticket.  Ouch!  May have to leave off one of my new props.

Tom Straub

Try hooking it up from all three ports.  Both CAT5 ports and the phone cable port to rule out a connector problem.  

Well, finally got some lights hooked up to the controller and ran a sequence from the sequence editor and they worked just fine...  As I said odd problem.   :huh:  :unsure:  :wacko:

Tom Straub

Was Controller 3 last in the comm line? Cause if it was in the middle. I would have thought all controllers afterwards would have been off line too. Strange unless its the last in the string.