Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Maine Lights

Help Adding Controllers

I had my computers hard drive die on me the other day.  Luckily I had all of my sequences backed up, but I as just getting my controllers set back up on my computer and I think I went through the steps right to add them but when I play a sequence I only get the first 2 controllers to work.  I am able to test them individually in the Hardware utility and they seem to work fine, but one thing I noticed in the 3 controllers after the first that I installed in the Hardware Utility where it says "Select Unit to Configure, Download, Test"  The first controller shows up as a CTB16PC..... but than the rest say no device found, but still when I test it in there it works.  Anyone have any thoughts or ideas, still have a little while but was trying to get this out of the way and it looks like it is taking a lot longer than expected.

Does your software level support more than two controllers?

Do each of your controllers have a unique Unit ID?

I have the basic license 2.9.4 I believe, I had 3 controllers last year and added another this year.  What do you mean by unique Unit ID, last year I think I placed them as 1, 2, 3 and I was just going to add 4, but am having no luck.  Thanks for your help.

Best way to trouble shoot this is to have your #4 the only one connected and do a refresh in the H/U.  If it doesn't show up make sure that you assign it #4.  Then let us know the results and we'll see what we can do from there.

So I hooked up controller 4 and got the Hardware Utilities and refreshed.  It found 1 Device and it shows 04-Device Unknown ???.  Hope this helps.