Light-O-Rama Forums

channels malfunctioning

vpfs

My 16 channel controller is malfunctioning.  On channel 3 the lights stay on all the time.  On channel 7 the lights constantly flicker.  The LOR help desk is telling me that I need to reset the board by powering down, setting the unit Id's to 0-0, powering back on for a few seconds, powering down again, resetting the unit ID's to where they were and that it may now work because the board was reset. 

Where / how do I locate the unit Id's to reset them as instructed?

Jim

Do you have two white wheels up near the top of the board close to the center? If so, turn the wheels so that  they both indicate a zero on both. But before doing this, note what number is on each wheel. Then do as the tech support told you.

I did as the tech told me and he said doing that would reset the board.  I powered down, turned them both to zero, powered back up and the red light flashed very fast.  I then powered off, set the back where they were at 0-1 and powered back up.  It was still doing the same thing.  Channel 3 the lights stayed on and channel 7 the lights constantly flickered.

No, this one is not a newer controller.  In the hardware utility section I have the unit ID set to 01 as I only have 1 controller.  I found the white wheels and reset the board per the tech's instructions but still have the same problem with channels 3 & 7.  Any thoughts? 

• The topic was locked