Light-O-Rama Forums
jimswinder

JW08 - Cut and Paste When Groups have Duplicate Channels

I know the beta has been replaced, but....

Don't know if this is a bug or something that just won't work.

Trying to cut and paste over 300 RGB Channels that are in over 20 Groups.

Within these groups many of the RGB Channels are duplicated (don't know if that is the problem or not).

I have all the groups minimized when I go to cut them.

And all I am trying to do is move them one cell to the left...but when I paste them, it is not pasting correctly...not even close...a LOT of missing events.

Is it the duplicate channels messing it up? Which I need to have because these are in my Snowman/Christmas Tree Mouths...and depending on the mouth position, a lot of the RGB pixels are used in more than one of the mouth positions.

Hey Jim   Try checking the  Paste From Foreground box on the left.  I have this issue with the  RGB version of PapagayoToLOR which uses the same pixels for more than one mouth shape.

Thanks Bob..that worked...so would you consider this a bug since it is within just the Sequence Editor? Yeah I used PapagayoToLOR to get the mouth movements in the Sequence Editor...but this is just a cut and paste...shouldn't it work without the Paste From Foreground checked?

If you have the same channel more than once in the paste area you need to check it.    What happens is the paste fills in from top to bottom..  The first last row of the repeated channel set causes the first one to get replaced, dropping out a mouth shape...  The from foreground allows the channel effects to become combined.   You need the combined mouths to make a complete picture.